Do you suffer from back pains, neck pains or other problems that are associated with poor posture? Inversion table are the best solution for back pain treatments but how many times in a week should you use an inversion table? Even if these tables are highly effective, you need to be careful on how you use them because they can cause spine injuries if used incorrectly. However, you don’t need to worry because in this article, we shall guide you on how to use them and the number of times you should use them in a week. Before then, let us look at some of their benefits.
Why Do You Need an Inversion Table?
1. Reduces back pains- One of the major reasons why people use inversion tables is because they are very effective in reliving back pains. These tables use gravity to reverse pressure on your spine and at specific angles helps to decompress the spinal cord. This also relieves back pain.
2. Enhances flexibility- When the muscles are tight, you are likely to become less flexible. The good thing about inversion table is that they provide a natural stretch which can decompress and elongate your muscles to enhance flexibility. These tables also allow you to stretch your shortened muscles and if you use them for a long time, they can help you to improve your posture permanently.
3. Reduces hip pain- Another benefit of these units is that they help to relive hip pain. This is because they allow you to position your hips in a comfortable way to promote healing. They also enhance fluid movement in the hips to promote natural healing.
4. Minimizes the need for a surgery- Those with back pain problems are recommended to go for a surgery. However, using an inversion table can help to relive pain instead of surgery.
How to Use an Inversion Table
If you are not sure the best way to use an inversion table, you should follow these steps;
1. Set the height- The first thing you need to do is to adjust the length of the table to suit your height. Ensure that the boom is 1 or 2 inches higher than your actual height. You can also reduce the length to achieve balance but you need to be careful because an incorrect height adjustment may lead to an injury.
2. Secure your ankles- Place your two feet on the foot bar and then press your ankles against the rear ankle holders of the unit. Adjust the front ankle holders and ensure that both the rear and front ankle holders are snug to each other. Make sure that your knees should be very comfortable.
3. Balance- When leaning your back against the table, you should try to relax the arms on the sides of the table and them move them slowly and place them on your chest. Still on this position, you should ensure that you are leaning slightly back instead of horizontally. The table should move and in case it doesn’t, you should reduce the height settings. Repeat this process until you attain the correct balance. Once you attain the balance, you can raise your hand slowly towards or over your head and then raise the other hand. The inversion table should rotate at an inverted position.
How Do Inversion Tables Work?
Inversion tables use either manual or a motorized operation but the manual inversion tables are the most common due to their affordable price. When using the table, you need to stand in an upright position on the table ensuring that the ankles are firmly held by the ankle holder. After this, lean backwards to allow the table to invert. Most of the units allow you to set the degree in which you would like to invert. You can work your way up until you achieve a full 90 degrees angle where you will be fully suspended.
How Many Times in a Week Should You Use an Inversion Table?
There is no specific answer to this question but according to experts, you should use it at least two times within a day. Any time you feel tense or uncomfortable after sitting for long hours, you should use the table for some few minutes. Start slowly or at a lower angle for less than one minute and gradually increase the angle up to 60 degrees which is the best angle for inverting. Therefore, the number of times you should use the table in a week will depend on your goals and the comfort.
In case you are using the table for the first time, you should use it for a few minutes in every session and then increase the time once you feel comfortable with the unit.
If you have been experiencing back pains, neck pains or you struggle a lot to maintain the correct posture, an inversion table is all you need. These tables are easy to use and are highly reliable. However, they are not the best for those who suffer from heart diseases, high blood pressure, hiatal hernia, glaucoma, pregnant women or people with inner ear problems. In order to get the best results, you should use them for 1-2 times in a day.
Related Review Article: Best Inversion Table Reviews
Leave a Reply