Chronic diseases often last for a long time. These diseases can often be a severe problem as they are capable of making your life miserable. They can put limits on your daily activities and bodily functions. Many times, chronic diseases are those which have no particular cure. Such patients are dependent on medication at least for a lifetime. Other unique treatments used to control or stabilize the condition include radiation and psychological therapies.
In countries like the United States of America, chronic diseases are a huge problem where about 45% of the population suffers from some chronic illness. According to World Health Organization, in the upcoming years, the ratio of chronic diseases might increase by about 57% in the coming years.
In the majority of cases, clinicians tend to prefer radiation therapy. It is a treatment that incorporates the use of intense energy radiations to control and treat cancer cells. The treatment further aims to destroy the exceeding cells and damage their ability to grow. A few examples of chronic diseases that involve radiation treatment therapy are:
- Liver cancer
- Lung cancer
- Bone cancer
- Brain tumor
- Meningioma etc.
Other common diseases such as Alzheimer’s, heart failure, dementia, high blood pressure, infrared sauna therapy is generally preferred. In comparison to standard sauna therapy, an infrared sauna is different. It uses electromagnetic radio waves to warm your body. In contrast to the traditional sauna, which warms the air, an infrared sauna directs 80% of the heat directly towards your body. Due to the effectiveness of the treatment, many clinicians have regarded it as a preferable treatment therapy. The below points are some expected infrared sauna benefits when it comes to relieving chronic disease symptoms.
- Detoxification: The electromagnetic radio waves heat your body, which results in sweating. The process ensures releasing the toxins, heavy metals (like mercury or lead), and wastes from the patient’s body.
- Relaxation: Compared to the other well-known radiations, an infrared sauna is also relaxing and releases all the stress and tension from your muscles. It is particularly beneficial for relieving chronic disease symptoms. An infrared sauna can help in reducing body and muscle aches. A relaxed body will increase the quality of life and allows better functionality.
- Circulation: An infrared sauna is further effective as it increases the blood circulation in the body, which allows the organs to intake healthy nutrients and oxygen. Better blood circulation also aids in tissue repair and allows your muscles to heal faster.
- Immunity: Your skin is responsible for protecting you from environmental pollutants. So ensuring healthy skin is crucial for your health. Apart from this, sweating can also help produce a specific protein type that aids in killing germs.
The benefits of an infrared sauna, as mentioned above, makes the therapy worthwhile, especially when it comes to relieving chronic disease symptoms like body aches. In addition to the infra sauna, other radiation techniques have proven to be very useful. In fact, in the battle to deal with these chronic diseases, radiation therapy holds the primary importance. Some uses and benefits of radiation therapy are:
1. Controls the Growth of Cancer Cells
Cancer is a type of disease caused by uncontrollable division and spread of cells in the body tissues. So to stabilize the patient, radiation therapy is used. The treatment is useful as it controls the harmful cells’ growth rate by destroying and damaging them, which ceases their production. In cases where radiation therapies are initially preferred, there are increased chances of a successful surgery.
2. Control Symptoms and Relieve Pain
Radiation therapy is further useful in relieving the symptoms, specifically in the advanced stages of the disease. It also helps in reducing pain because it slows down the growth of the cancer cells.
How Can Radiation Therapy Save Your Life?
Studies have shown that doctors can save more lives when radiation therapies are preferred. It can destroy the cancer cells in the early stages of the diseases or damage the cells enough for a successful surgery. Apart from that, radiation therapy plays an essential role in protecting the body’s vital organs and maintaining functionality. Health organizations are now focusing on raising awareness about the importance of radiation therapy, as it plays an essential role in preventing premature mortality in people of all ages. It is worth mentioning that it is better to seek the doctor on time if you experience any ongoing health issues. Diseases detected at the early stages have a 90% chance of successful treatment.
All in all, radiation therapy plays a vital role in the battle against chronic diseases like cancer. Radiation, specifically when used in electromagnetic radio waves as in an infrared sauna, contributes to minimizing the disease’s overall effect. It helps in improving the quality of life and helping people maintain their health even better. It is worth mentioning that patients partially contribute to their health’s betterment, as those who tend to ignore the symptoms reduce their life expectancy.