Do you feel squeezing or aching sensation in your arms or chest that spreads to your neck or back when you want to grab the container placed at the highest rack of your kitchen? Or lightheartedness when you are at the traffic jam, or perhaps that sudden shortness of breath at the middle of the night? These are the little symptoms that your heart shows you when you are at the stage next to “heart attack”. So, if you see such symptoms in yourself or in someone you care about, its high time that you take immediate steps to reduce the chances of stroke, heart attack, and premature death.
Thankfully, a small routine checkup of your blood pressure numbers every day may alarm you regarding any unfortunate situation that can take place. On the positive side you can do it at home; no additional time, money or effort required visiting doctor monthly (if now weekly). Plus, it can motivate you to make any lifestyle changes required to keep health under control. But to get all these benefits, you must buy a accurate or professional blood pressure monitor which is easy-to-use, easy to read and provide accurate readings, so that you can make all the necessary modifications.
But don’t just jump and buy the most convenient Blood Pressure Monitor available in your local store. It’s important to know exactly what you want to buy and where do you want to use it. If you are a Sales Manager, Territory Officer, or simply a traveler who visits frequently from town to town then portability is one of the most important functions that you have to look after- in that case choose a lightweight, wireless Blood Pressure Monitor. On the other hand, if you want to buy only ONE blood pressure monitor that all of your family members can use then go for the ones with multi usage facilities that has higher memory usage. On the top of all these, make sure the Blood Pressure Monitor is reliable and has an ease of use, i.e. any model you buy, make sure it very straightforward and user friendly.
To make your life easier, here I have enlisted top 10 best home blood pressure monitors that will help you find the one that’s a perfect fit for you and your needs.
10 Professional Blood Pressure Monitor Reviews and Features
1. Professional Blood Pressure Monitor by Vive Precision
Our first choice on your way if you are looking for something that is affordable, tracks both systolic and diastolic blood pressure and gives you years of guarantee; then it is Blood Pressure Monitor by Vive Precision.
Blood Pressure Monitor by Vive Precision is tested individually for certified accurate measurements. The cuff circumference has a wide range of measurement starting from 8 3/4″ to 16 1/2″ (22cm – 42cm), so you can choose the one that comfortably fit your arms without hassle. Plus, if you are worried about the measurement memory, then worry no more as it has the capability to store up to 250 individual measurements per user, including time, date, and average.
I am not done yet! If you are looking for a Two-User Functionality Blood Pressure Monitor, then Vive Precision’s would be the right selection as you can easily switch from one user to another with a single flip of a button, and the measurements will be recorded separately too!
- Blood Pressure Monitor by Vive Precision gives accurate and consistent readings.
- Indicates heart rate.
- Two-User Functionality Blood Pressure Monitor.
- Portable, so you can do the readings at home or at your convenient place.
- It fits well on hand or arm without being tight or loose.
- Memory Storage: Stores up to 250 readings for 2 individual users.
- Takes time to read the whole manual to figure out the system to set time or use as a second user.
- No Carrying Case.
- Doesn’t come with a charger, has to buy separately.
2. Omron Upper Arm Blood Pressure Monitor (5 Series)
And keeping along the lines of Two-User Functionality, we have Omron 5 Series Upper Arm Blood Pressure Monitor. Two users can easily store and review their last 30 readings each, so a total of 60 reading memory that has date and time stamps.
If you are serious about the health of your loved ones and only prefer specialists recommended products then Omron Blood Pressure Monitor would be your ideal choice. Why? Because Omron is the #1 recommended brand by pharmacists and doctors to get clinically-accurate home blood pressure monitoring result. Omron has been in business for over 40 years serving the customers with quality products and services.
Suppose, you want to compare your normal home blood pressure readings while monitoring your irregular heartbeats- Omron’s will provide you with the facility to compare two blood pressure readings simultaneously. Plus, it also displays the average of the last 3 readings that have been taken within 10 minutes (cherry on the top, right?).
- Easy to set-up and use. Recommended for an elderly semi-self-sufficient person in their care who needs daily BP monitoring.
- Good quality construction; comes with 4AA batteries.
- Portable as it has the option of an AC adapter. Can be used anywhere at your convenience.
- Not too loud.
- Pressurizes quickly: takes 10 to 15 seconds to measure BP.
- Memory Storage: 60
- Price is an issue: Not all the customers with BP can afford it.
- Cuffs are heavy and Arrhythmia indicator is difficult to find.
3. Omron Wrist Blood Pressure Monitor (3 Series)
Continuing the quest of user-friendly machine, Omron Wrist accurate or professional blood pressure monitor is another good option that you cannot ignore..
Easy and fast to use, portable and lightweight are some of the features that makes it to be super-duper convenient. Apart from that, it works on both left and right wrist and generally gives the same readings, so no confusion while choosing wrist (plus you know what, it looks so cool on wrists!).
Furthermore, it doesn’t have too many complicated functions. You don’t have to sit around for hours reading the manual and trying to understand which fits into what. Just put it on your wrist, sit still (do not move for the next 10-15 seconds), place the wrist over your heart and start the monitor. Voila! You are ready to see your result on the screen.
- Compact product with a weight of only 0.53 lb. Recommended taking on trips or travels.
- Shows accurate readings quickly and easy to use.
- The Convenient box is given for storage.
- Comes with 2 AAA batteries.
- Memory Storage: 60
- It has to be placed on the wrist in the correct way and the arm has to remain still to get read on the BP, otherwise it will produce a false result.
- The cuff size is average; if a patient has a large wrist- this cuff may not work for him/her.
- The batteries are not durable.
4. Large Cuff Easy@Home Digital Upper Arm Blood Pressure Monitor EBP-095L
For Over the Counter usage, Easy@Home EBP-095L Upper Arm Blood Pressure Monitor is a good choice to measure blood pressure along with pulse rate. It has an automatic easy-to-use one-bottom measuring technique that makes it super convenient to use at home.
The Easy@Home Upper Arm Blood Pressure Monitor offers you advanced hypertension indicator colour that indicates the Systolic and Diastolic readings in 3 different colours; where green represents normal, orange represents prehypertension (high blood pressure) and red represents hypertensive crisis (hypertension). Plus, this FDA approved Blood Pressure Monitor also has an indicator alert for Irregular Heartbeat (arrhythmia).
Wondering about Two-User Flexibility? Yes, it is designed with 2 User Usage facilities and has a memory storage of up to 120 measurements; thus, 60 records per user. Apart from this, it brilliantly averages the past 3 measurements that you read.
- 3-Color Hypertension Indicator
- Irregular Heartbeat Indicator
- Adjustable Upper Arm Cuff
- One button to operate
- Designed for 2 User Uses
- Portable, Sturdy and Durable desktop design
- Carry Case and 4XAA Batteries are included
- Memory Storage: 120 measurements
- Accuracy can be misleading sometimes.
- Take multiple tries to get a proper reading.
5. Omron Wireless Bluetooth Upper Arm Blood Pressure Monitor (10 Series)
Next, on our list, we have Omron Wireless Bluetooth Upper Arm Blood Pressure Monitor (10 Series) and it also happens to be compatible with Omron’s free iOS and Android apps that can store as many numbers of readings as you may have.
The Omron 10 Series Wireless Bluetooth Upper Arm Blood Pressure Monitor has all the goodness of the Omron 10 Series Upper Arm Blood Pressure Monitor, but in addition to that, it also allows you to transfer all the data and recordings through Bluetooth Smart technology to your mobile phone. Its monitor features an easy-to-read display that has extra-large digits and backlight. Plus, its multi-colour indicator lights show if the readings results are in the normal (green) or hypertension (orange) stage.
The monitor’s easy-wrap ComFit cuff encircles around entire arm, ensuring exact positioning to and accurate readings. Though you have to pay a little extra for the Bluetooth functionality, it’s absolutely worth the convenience and ease of use as you can use the app to email readings results to your healthcare professionals.
- Compatible with Amazon Alexa, Omron’s free iOS and Android apps.
- App instructions makes pairing/setup process easier.
- Memory for 2 people, plus an additional guest mode (so you don’t have to store their measurements in memory).
- Measurements are realistic with no pinch from the cuff.
- Inverse LCD with backlight makes it very easy to read accurate results.
- Records the date and time of measurements which can be checked on the device.
- Memory Storage: 200
- Heavier than other substitutes; not portable.
- Software power is switched on by default, so it drains battery charge.
- Requires 4AA Batteries which are NOT included in the package.
- Bluetooth integration doesn’t work with few devices it claimed to be compatible with, namely, Samsung Galaxy S6 and Note 3, Android version 5.0.2 and 5.0.
6. Omron Wrist Monitor (7-Series)
6th member in our list is another product from Omron called Omron Wrist Monitor (7-Series). This one is slim and its ultra-silent inflation allows you to take your BP measurements quietly, anywhere, anytime and at anyplace.
The Heart Zone Guidance technology of the model helps to guide your wrist to heart level, making it absolutely easier to find the correct position to get an accurate reading every time. Apart from that, the 7 Series wrist monitor also automatically averages the last 3 readings results over a period of 10 minutes for a more accurate scenario of your heart’s health (This feature is one of the reasons doctors and pharmacist recommend this brand). This wrist blood pressure monitor also stores up to 100 readings that allow you to keep a comprehensive recording of your readings over time to monitor any fluctuations in your readings.
If there are any irregular heartbeats that result outside of normal blood pressure range (BP 652 vs. VP 652N), then the monitor will immediately alarm you. So it is advised to check your BP on a regular basis.
Package includes: one wrist blood pressure monitor, storage case, quick start guide, instruction manual, and 2 AAA batteries
- Programmable for 2 different users.
- Guest option is available for other users to read their blood pressure.
- Small and light to other BP machines, easy to transport if you’re on the move.
- Large numbers make it easy-to-view for people with subpar vision. Easy to press buttons.
- Silent operation, no beeping, humming or buzzing.
- Accessible switch to change users.
- Memory Storage: 100
- Some customers complained that their Heart zone guidance didn’t work properly.
- The position to use this blood pressure monitor is specific; any changes or movement automatically ends the reading.
- Pretty Expensive.
7. Care Touch Blood Pressure Monitor with AC Adapter
Our 7th pick is a great combination of features for the price and it’s called Care Touch Blood Pressure Monitor.
Care Touch Blood Pressure Monitor has a large, easy-to-read LCD display with readings results on your screen in less than a minute. This FDA-approved monitor keeps track of two individual people separately and stores up to 250 readings.
With the purchase, you also get an irregular heartbeat indicator, a low battery indicator with a 1-year product guarantee. Plus, the package comes with 4 AAA batteries, as well as an AC adapter that can be interchangeably used with the batteries.
- Easy to set-up and use
- Cuffs are available in large sizes
- Two-user functionality
- Instructions are easy to follow
- 4 AAA batteries and AC adapter available with the package.
- Memory Storage: Stores up to 250 readings for 2 individual users.
- Cuffs can be confusing at first to line up and fix.
8. LifeSource One Step Auto Inflate Blood Pressure Monitor
Next on our list is the super-product that promises you a lifetime warranty- and it’s called LifeSource UA-767PV Auto Inflate Blood Pressure Monitor.
The LifeSource UA-767PV Auto Inflate Blood Pressure Monitor can offer you 30 reading memory and thanks to its amazing reading display; you can read the measurements easily even if you have subpar eyesight.
Cuff measuring in 9.4 to 14.2 inches and weighing just 1.4 pounds, this Blood Pressure Monitor is as compact as compact can get. Furthermore, it alerts the user of the presence of any irregular heartbeat during measurement reading.
This One Step plus Memory monitor is completely automatic and inflates to the existing pressure each time you take a measurement.
- No unnecessary bells or whistles
- Clinically validated for accuracy
- Irregular Heartbeat Feature
- Lifetime Warranty
- Memory Storage: 30
- Some customers complained that their Systolic readings show little higher in the machine than they get in doctor’s office.
9. Care Touch Wrist Blood Pressure Monitor
Another great product with Large LCD Display that is easy to read and understand is our Care Touch Automatic Wrist Blood Pressure Monitor.
It offers you an Irregular Heartbeat Indicator with TWO-USER Functionality. No only this, it’s fast and clinically accurate reading gives you readings result in less than 1 minute. You just have to follow the instructions carefully to ensure accurate results.
- Large LCD Display
- Irregular Heartbeat Indicator
- TWO-USER Functionality
- Full-size blood pressure cuff
- 1-year Guarantee
- Occasional higher (inaccurate) readings.
10. QardioArm Wireless Blood Pressure Monitor
Our last but definitely not the least is the QardioArm wireless blood pressure monitor- a compact device that works wirelessly with any tablet, smartphone, Apple Watch, or Android Wear. To list some of the useful features- triple measurement averaging and reminders are important to mention. The ability to share data electronically with friends, family and doctors makes it super convenient to use.
The list would be incomplete if I don’t mention the superpower of QardioArm monitor that allows you to compare your results against the World Health Organization blood pressure chart. You can easily interpret your health status by monitoring the trend that goes around in the chart.
- Convenience and Comfort
- Irregular heartbeat detector
- BP risk category indicator
- Multiple user memories; memory readings can be downloaded
- Data Sharing
- Data Averaging Function
- Requires Bluetooth 4.0
- No large digit display
- No AC Adapter
Buyers Guide: Factors to consider
You don’t need to get a prescription to buy a home blood pressure monitor, so you’re all on your own to choose the right one that meets your needs. Here are some of the factors to keep in mind when choosing a accurate or professional blood pressure monitor
A user-friendly interface with large numbers, backlight and big buttons make it easier to read the blood pressure monitor and interpret the results.
You can skip the hassle of buying multiple devices if your blood pressure monitor has interchangeable accounts feature. You can easily switch user and can track more than one person’s blood pressure; thus saving that extra money while sharing the monitor with family members and friends (cost effective).
Accuracy is an important feature to look for in a blood pressure monitor. If you already have a blood pressure monitor, take it to your doctor and check how it compares with their results. If you see a wide variation among the two results, you definitely need to invest in a good BP monitor machine.
The higher memory storage, the more you can log entries of your blood pressure for a longer period of time. Your doctor will get a better overall idea of your health.
The time required getting readings
How long a monitor takes to show BP results can really make or break a deal. Monitors usually take 15 seconds to a minute to show results; wrist monitors, with an exception, show results much quicker than this. So plan what kind of monitor you want, and then swipe your card to buy.
Benefits of keeping a Blood Pressure Monitor at home
- Convenience, no need to visit doctors weekly.
- Portable, can travel with these machines.
- Cost effective, for BP Machine with Two-User Functionality.
- Accurate Blood Pressure results, anytime-anywhere.
- Health on check!
Frequently Asked Questions FAQ:
Q1: Why my blood pressure results vary from one reading to another?
Ans: Experts showed that an adult’s blood pressure changes up to 20mm within a day, based on levels of activity, food or drink intake, stress level, etc. That’s why it’s recommended to check your blood pressure every day at the same time (say, once in the morning and once at night). Evaluate the overall trend of your blood pressure results with your doctor.
Q2: What should be avoided before taking a reading?
Ans: You should avoid eating, drinking caffeinated beverages or alcohol, smoking, bathing, exercising for 30 minutes prior to taking a blood pressure measurement. It is advised not to take measurement in stressful times; you should rest for 15 minutes before starting the measurement. Take the measurement in a quiet- calm place.
Q3: What’s the best position to take blood pressure reading?
Ans: Sit on a chair with your feet flat on the floor. Rest your arm on a flat surface (for example, table) with your palm facing upward. The cuff should be horizontally level with your heart. Do not talk, move or change position during the measurement.
Having a Professional Blood Pressure Monitor at home can literally save lives. Buying one and monitoring BP regularly are vitals if you want to keep your and your loved ones health on check. Anyway we have another article about best pulse oximeter complete review to help you find out your suitable product and take correct decision.
Related Review Articles:
- Greater Goods Blood Pressure Monitor
- Best Stethoscope Reviews
- Dualhead Stethoscope Reviews
- First Responder First Aid Kit Medical Bags Reviews