Do you wake up with neck pain in the morning? Have you tried every sleeping position so that you can improve your neck’s health and reduce the neck soreness without success? If you can relate to any of these statements, it is no doubt that what you should use is the best neck brace for sleeping.
Such braces are designed to provide relief of the pain, pressure, and soreness that arises because of neck pain injuries so that you can maintain your neck in a protected and stable position to avoid further damage on the neck. To ensure that you buy the right neck pillow among the various types of neck braces availed on the market, below are the top 10 best neck braces for sleeping that you should consider buying.
Besides being designed as ideal options of relieving neck pain without breaking the bank, the collars feature soft materials to enhance comfort whereas they are availed in different and adjustable sizes to guarantee a snug fit.
- 1 Neck Brace For Sleeping Compression And Reviews
- 2 1. Velpeau Neck Brace – Foam Cervical Collar
- 3 2. DaviSMART Neck Traction
- 4 3. The Neck Hammock Portable Cervical Traction Device
- 5 4. Premium Universal Soft Foam Neck Support Brace
- 6 5. CALDERA Releaf Neck Rest
- 7 6. Vive Neck Brace – Soft Foam Cervical Collar
- 8 7. Coreline Cervical Collar 4″ Firm Foam (Medium)
- 9 8. Hely Weber Cervical Collar 2″ 619
- 10 9. Core Products Foam Cervical Collar
- 11 10. OTC Cervical Collar, Soft Foam, Neck Support Brace, Small
- 12 Tips for selecting the best neck brace for sleeping- Factors to consider:
- 13 Size
- 14 Materials
- 15 Portability
- 16 Ease of cleaning
- 17 Frequently asked questions
- 18 Final Verdict Neck Brace For Sleeping
Neck Brace For Sleeping Compression And Reviews
1. Velpeau Neck Brace – Foam Cervical Collar
On the first spot, we have the Velpeau Neck Brace. The brace features a non-rigid neck support which helps to relieve the headaches that arise due to the cervical strains and sprains. On top of that is soft foam. The foam helps in stabilizing and realigning the vertebrae which means that you can wear the collar all day long with an assurance of comfort.
The neck brace comes in three designs: the comfort version, enhanced version, and the dual-use version. The comfort version is a soft and comfortable neck brace, whereas the enhanced version features a double layer foam and EVA to enhance powerful support. The dual-use version, on the other hand, features a flexible outer plastic which is removable to improve the supportive force.
Velpeau Neck Brace is a perfect choice for users in need of a lightweight collar designed to relieve pain without compromise, thanks to the ability to absorb sweat and maintain a dry neck. Furthermore, the collar serves as a perfect pick for one that is suitable for use on sensitive skin due to the skin-friendly design and the fact that the brace is made using latex-free materials.
The V-shape under the jaw is another addition designed for comfort whereas the curve rise at the back supports aids in providing the neck with better support. The brace includes Velcro straps which enhance the ability to adjust the tightness thereby protecting you from the pain which results because of swinging.
- The brace is availed in eight different sizes and four colors. Hence, it is easy to pick a circumference size that matches to your neck.
- The brace is cushiony hence comfortable to wear.
- The adjustable size makes it compatible with different individuals.
- The brace maintains a warm neck.
- Limited height options means that you are likely to complain about the collar being too high or too short.
- Some users state that the brace causes irritation in the front area of the neck.
2. DaviSMART Neck Traction
Correct your posture as you relieve the pain in your neck with DavisMart neck traction neck brace. The fact that the brace provides 360° traction allows it to relieve the pain associated with tension, spine alignment, chronic neck, arthritis, cervical muscle spasms among others. More to that, the brace helps to increase blood circulation to different body structures which means that you can expect it to results in a decrese of the pain and relaxation of the muscles due to its ability in enhancing oxygenation.
The brace is easy to use, thanks to the fact that it doesn’t require any assembly before wearing. Moreover, it is easy to take anywhere be it to the office or during a vacation due to the 0.5-ounce lightweight design. The neck brace comes with a neck stretcher, eye mask, zipper bag, user manual, and cervical neck traction device. Its fully-adjustable head strap is another addition which means that you can wear it on different necks with an assurance of getting sufficient comfort and support.
- The brace is availed in eight different colors.
- A zipper tight bag makes it easy to store and carry.
- It is easy to put on and comfortable after wearing.
- A top and bottom strap guarantee a secure fit.
- The brace relieves pressure on the upper back while keeping the neck in a well-aligned position.
- The brace loses air in some cases which means that you might be required to pump it frequently so that it can remain inflated.
- Pumping air into the brace is quite tiring.
3. The Neck Hammock Portable Cervical Traction Device
A perfect solution for neck and back troubles is the Neck Hammock Portable Cervical Traction Device. This is a portable device designed to wrap around a pole, railing, or doors so that you can benefit from the flexibility of using the neck hammock whenever and wherever you need it.
The neck hammock works by pulling the head from the neck resulting in a stretch and decompression of the spinal cord which means an increase in the blood flow. Because of this, you can expect a reduction in the pain and an increase in the mobility of the shoulder and neck which assures you of comfort and relief of the pressure related to long flights, long work days, business trips and runs.
Asides from that, the neck brace features one size that fits all solutions. As a result, you can get it as a perfect neck brace for sleeping designed to support various individuals. The brace comes with two sewn-in, medical-grade adjustable straps to guarantee customizable comfort and maximum durability. On top of that, there is a bonus sleeping mask designed to offer maximum relaxation.
- The brace is sturdy and perfect for releasing neck tension.
- It is easy to use since all that is required is for you to hang it on the door.
- The hammock features a lightweight design which makes it a great travel companion.
- There are no metal connectors hence you can wear the brace with an assurance of comfort.
- The strap adjustments are a little bit long. This makes them difficult to use on lower door knobs.
- The instructions are limited hence they do not provide enough guidance on how to use the brace especially for users who do not have an idea of how to use it.
4. Premium Universal Soft Foam Neck Support Brace
Sleep in comfort using the Premium Universal Soft Foam Neck Support Brace. The fact that the brace features Velcro straps makes it a great choice for wrapping around the neck so that you can get a secure and precise fit.
Asides from that, the medium-firm density foam that comes when covered with tubular knit fabric makes it a perfect option to a neck brace that is designed to offer steady support.
The brace can restrict the head movement which enables it to provide fast healing to injuries such as Spondylosis, herniated disc, and other vertebrae-related medical conditions. Further, it provides limited cervical motion control which enables it to act as a perfect solution to pain relief.
- The brace is comfortable and well made.
- It maintains warmth after wearing which makes it perfect for the cold weather.
- An easy to wear and clean design makes it a reliable option for user in need of a neck brace that is easy to maintain.
- The brace comes in different sizes which makes it easy for different users to pick a perfect size.
- Limited color choices.
- Some users state that the brace is too high hence quite uncomfortable.
5. CALDERA Releaf Neck Rest
Reduce neck and shoulder tension with a practical and convenient neck rest from Caldera. Caldera Releaf Neck Rest appreciates the fact that the neck and shoulder muscles can become tense once the head remains in a static position for a prolonged time. Because of this, the neck brace helps to keep the head and neck in good shape by supporting the head’s weight and thereby allowing the neck and shoulders to relax.
The neck brace incorporates a patented flex-tension response which enables it to act as a built-in spring so that it can provide proper support for the neck. In addition to that, this design enables the brace to conform to the shape of the neck which guarantees a comfortable fit.
The brace is made using polyurethane covered with nylon or spandex which enhances breathability while ensuring a lightweight design. You can wear the neck rest when reading, traveling, watching TV, or sleeping in an upright position. Also, you can carry it to the office or for vacations since it is easy to pack into luggage so that you can take it with you wherever you need it.
- The hammock is easy to wash and comfortable after wearing.
- The smooth design guarantees comfort after hours of wearing.
- It is firm enough which enables it to support the neck and chin comfortably.
- The neck brace takes a little room which makes it great for travelling.
- The smallest size isn’t comfortable for most short people. The company should make a smaller size to enhance comfort for shorter people.
6. Vive Neck Brace – Soft Foam Cervical Collar
Are you looking for a neck brace that is designed to help with neck pain as you sleep, watch the TV, work using the computer, or read a book? Well, I would love to recommend Vive Neck Brace. The brace offers adjustable spinal support which renders it useful for users looking forward to relieving the pain and pressure during such activities.
Among the features that make it useful on such a mission is the ergonomic design and the plush foam cushions. This design ensures a comfortable and supportive fit where the foam contours to the chin and jaw so that it can provide maximum support.
Asides from that, the brace is made using latex-free foam and breathable knitted material. As a result, you can expect it to maintain a cool and dry neck by ensuring sufficient air circulation. The brace comes with an integrated fastening strap which allows you to adjust it for a precise and personalized fit. It is designed to fit neck circumferences that range from 15″ to 20.5″.
- Well-made design guarantees durability.
- The neck brace features an adjustable strap which adjusts with a lot of ease.
- The brace is easy to wash.
- It is soft enough to enhance comfort when sleeping.
- It is availed in various colors and sizes.
- The Velcro strap is quite thin, then it may cut into the neck.
- The brace is usually stiff in the beginning but it becomes comfortable as time goes by.
7. Coreline Cervical Collar 4″ Firm Foam (Medium)
Have you been suffering from neck pain? Do not let the pain to hold you back since the Coreline Cervical Collar 4″ Firm Foam is here to offer a helping hand. Made using cushiony but firm foam, the neck brace can provide sufficient support to the head so that you can recover fast. Furthermore, the foam is covered using soft cotton that gentle is on the skin so that you can wear it for long hours with an assurance of keeping the skin protected from irritation.
- The brace is comfortable to wear.
- The foam is firm which enables it to offer enough support.
- A sleeve that goes over the Velcro strap ensures comfort.
- The brace comes in three different sizes.
- The smallest size is a little bit big.
8. Hely Weber Cervical Collar 2″ 619
The answer to a neck brace designed to relieve the pain related to cervical injuries at an economical price is the Hely Weber Cervical Collar. The collar is made using medium/firm-density urethane foam which is designed to deliver excellent support. Adding to that, there is a breathable natural Stockinette cover which delivers a soft feel against the skin so that you can wear the brace for long with an assurance of comfort. The vinyl support strap is another addition of the neck brace which enhances not only a classic look but also a secure and universal fit.
- A hook and loop closure allows room for breathing.
- The neck brace offers the right support and sits where it is required.
- The brace is well made and designed to last.
- It comes in three different height options, i.e. 2”, 3” and 4”.
- Thick collars are irritating.
9. Core Products Foam Cervical Collar
Do you suffer from neck pain but still move your neck as if nothing is wrong? Well, a constant reminder to limit your neck and head movement is the Core Products Foam Cervical Collar. The collar features a low contour design so that you can maintain the head in a neutral position and remember to limit the head and neck motion.
Asides from that, it features a hook and loop closure. This design allows you to lock the brace in the right position so that it can offer sufficient support. The neck brace is made using 1″ thick poly-foam covered with a washable cotton Stockinette to enhance comfort while ensuring a smooth feel on the skin.
- The brace arrives in different sizes to offer a perfect fit for necks with a circumference of up to 24”.
- It is a great choice for people with small and little necks.
- The collar is comfortable and supportive.
- The Velcro strap is strong and easy to adjust.
- The brace arrives in limited color choices.
10. OTC Cervical Collar, Soft Foam, Neck Support Brace, Small
An effective reminder against making painful neck movements is the OTC Cervical Collar. As one of the best neck braces for sleeping, the collar features an anatomically contoured shape so that it can contour to the jaw and chin to guarantee comfort while sleeping. Adding to that, the collar is made using a soft Plyfoam paddling which conforms closely to ensure a customized fit.
The brace comes with a hook and pile closure located at the back to ensure a quick and comfortable fit. In addition to that, it features a lightweight Stockinette covering that features a breathable design so that you can be sure to maintain a dry neck for long-term wearing comfort. The brace comes in three sizes allowing you to get one that is designed for a custom fit.
- Plenty of Velcro straps keep it fasted to guarantee a snug fit.
- The neck brace comes with a cover to keep it clean.
- It offers good support without being too stiff on the neck.
- The brace comes in multiple colors and sizes.
- The neck brace is a little bit uncomfortable for short-necked people.
Tips for selecting the best neck brace for sleeping- Factors to consider:
No one wants to add more pain or pressure to the already existing neck pain; the reason you might have decided to buy a neck brace. With this in mind, you will want to spend more time figuring out the size that will work for you. By this I mean, look for a neck brace that features a comfortable height so that you can avoid overstretching the neck. In addition to that, get a collar that fits snugly onto the neck circumference since you do not want it to move out of place once you wear it. That way, you can be sure to remain comfortable when sleeping, watching, or reading novels.
Secondly, you will want to buy a neck brace that will remain comfortable to wear even after hours of putting it on. Hence, look for a neck brace that features a soft foam and one that will not irritate the skin after periods of wearing. Also, get a neck brace that provides room for breathing since you do not want to remove it only to find sweat streaming over the neck.
The best neck brace for sleeping ought to be one that is made with portability in mind. After all, you do not want to buy a brace for use at home alone since you will need to support the neck when sleeping, reading, or watching when you are away from home. Hence, get a neck brace that is made using lightweight materials so that it will not add extra weight to the luggage you take along. Moreover, the collar should be easy to fold down so that you can put it in small spaces with a lot of ease.
Ease of cleaning
Who wants to buy a neck brace that is difficult to clean? I bet you are not one of these individuals. In this regard, you will want to buy a neck brace that is easy to clean even though it features a black color that hides away the dirt. The reason behind this is to avoid irritation caused by accumulated dirt or sweat that contacts the skin.
Frequently asked questions
Question: What are the types of neck braces?
Answer: Neck braces are of two kinds;
- Soft cervical collars
- Travel pillows.
Cervical collars support the neck, jaw, and head so that they can relieve pressure from the spine to help the neck muscles relax. These collars prevent the neck and spine from movement so that you can avoid further injury to an existing problem. The collars are suitable for sleeping or for use by people recovering from neck injuries.
Travel pillows, on the other hand, aren’t designed for therapy. The pillows’ main role is to help you sleep comfortably while on a road trip or flight so that you can prevent neck stiffness pain.
Question: How long should I wear a neck brace?
Answer: The period you choose to wear the neck brace depends on the recommendation you get from the doctor. The reason behind this is that wearing the neck brace for long periods can result in possible side effects. Hence, consult with your physician before deciding on the number of days to have the brace on.
Question: Can I buy any neck brace without minding about the size?
Answer: You can choose to buy a universal-fit neck brace, but I wouldn’t recommend that. The best method you can apply for you to buy the best neck brace for sleeping is by measuring your neck’s height and circumference so that you can get a collar that is designed for the size of your neck. Do, not also forget to get a brace whose radius is adjustable so that it can fit snugly onto the neck.
Final Verdict Neck Brace For Sleeping
Neck pain can become unbearable after a neck injury, and this gets even worse when sleeping. To avoid more damage to the neck after suffering from a neck strain or as you recover from surgery, I recommend that you adopt the best neck braces for sleeping. These neck collars can provide support for the head and neck and relieve the pain and pressure that results from unwanted movements of the neck and spinal cord to prevent further pain and neck damage.
Also you can read Neck Support Brace Comparison and Reviews
Best Deals For This Week
|1||Vive Neck Brace - Foam Cervical Collar - Vertebrae Whiplash Wrap Aligns and Stabilizes Spine -...||1,738 Reviews||$22.99 $15.99||Buy on Amazon|
|2||Cervical Neck Traction Device and Collar Brace by BRANFIT, Inflatable and Adjustable USA Designed...||2,515 Reviews||$17.90||Buy on Amazon|
|3||Inflatable Cervical Neck Traction Device & Collar Brace, USA Designed, Best for Neck Support &...||800 Reviews||$18.99||Buy on Amazon|