It is natural to struggle with low milk supply due to hormonal changes that you might be facing due to pregnancy. But did you know there was a cure for the same which hardly requires you to put in the effort or seek medication?
Yes, you read that right.
There is a way, and it’s called ‘Lactation cookies’. Yes, cookies.
Lactation cookies are cookies made with ingredients that are believed to increase milk supply. They are those mystical unicorns that are best for the women who have just given birth and are struggling to breastfeed their babies.
Read on to know them!
1. Ingredients Used to Make Lactation Cookies
You must have never imagined; the super milk maker is made of simple things easily available at your home. Yes, they are. Lactation cookies are generally made of brewers yeast, oats, flaxseeds, and wheat germs.
- Excessive ldl cholesterol and iron deficiency are capable of reducing milk supply. Oats, high in fibre and the powerhouse of iron, helps with preventing both the situation.
- Flaxseeds contain lignans; these compounds are found in plants that help increase milk supply.
- Brewer’s yeast is a milk boosting complement, available in powder and tablet forms. It acts as a natural milk supply booster.
- Wheat germ has many useful materials however the zinc is the cause it is believed to assist with milk manufacturing.
2. Things to Look for When Buying Lactation Cookies
If you are willing to opt for a shortcut and planning to buy some this cookies instead of baking them. Here are a few things that are worth considering;
- Check the ingredients list and also the expiration date before tossing the bag into your cart.
- Verify what you are buying is what you need. Some manufacturers might tag their cookies as lactation ones but might not have those ingredients needed to boost milk supply.
So do your homework about the ingredients and also research their scientific names, to avoid being scammed.
3. Alternative to Lactation Cookies
The best alternative to lactation cookies is lactation bars. Their ingredients are the same as the cookies; it is just the size, shapes, and portions that differ from the cookies.
Both cookies and bars are quite easily available in grocery stores. You can even buy them from online grocery suppliers as it’s more convenient to check out various options along with ingredients content.
Bottom Line: Do lactation Cookies Increase Milk Supply?
The ingredients used in lactation cookies are prone to increase milk supply. However, if you have never tried on such things or aren’t aware of your lactose tolerance level, it is advisable to consult a lactation expert. It is important because trying new things could harm your health and your baby’s too.
Read this: Best healthy products buy online