Before you can determine whether a smile makeover is worth it, you need to have an idea of what it is. Smile makeovers are essentially cosmetic dental procedures done to give the teeth a “perfect” smile.
They may include veneers, porcelain crowns, or even gum reshaping. If you’re unhappy about how your teeth look, then this type of surgery might be for you.
What are the Benefits?
The primary benefit of getting a smile makeover is self-confidence. You don’t have to feel embarrassed walking through life because your teeth aren’t perfectly straight.
The secondary benefits are purely aesthetic ones. Your new perfect smile will help boost your self-confidence and your overall outlook on life!
How Much Does a Smile Makeover Cost?
The cost of smile makeovers varies significantly depending on which procedures are done. For example, gum reshaping is usually more affordable than veneers or gum implants. The other factors that may influence how much your smile makeover will cost include;
- The dentist’s qualifications and expertise: There is a big difference in quality between an undergraduate trainee, an experienced professional, and a master of the trade. Make sure you choose only the best so that you don’t have to pay extra for their experience or redo any work they do.
- The cost of the materials involved in your job: This is especially important because there are dentists out there who will try to sell you the most expensive procedures just so they can make more money. There’s nothing wrong with getting a fancier service, but you need to know that it isn’t necessary for your job.
- The location of the dentist’s office: Dentists’ fees usually vary depending on where their offices are located in the country. It’s no surprise that offices in big cities charge more than ones in small towns or rural areas because they have higher overhead costs.
- The specific services involved in your treatment plan: You may visit a website about dental treatments only to find out at the end that each procedure costs extra. Keep this in mind when shopping around for prices because some of the individual services may not be worth it to you.
- Whether or not you need additional work like root canals or extractions before the procedure is done: If you have no problems with your teeth, this won’t affect the price. However, if you need to fix some issues before the smile makeover is done, then these procedures may be factored into the cost.
How Long is the Recovery Time after Smile Makeover Treatment?
The main factor that influences how long your smile makeover will take to recover from is which procedures were done on your teeth and how many of them were done. For example, gum reshaping usually takes only 2-3 days to recover, even though it’s considered a cosmetic procedure because it’s just about redoing the surface of your gums to create a more appealing appearance.
On the other hand, veneers or implants need at least a few weeks before you can see your final results! So, what are my options?
There are basically two different types of smile makeovers: surgical and non-surgical. Surgical options entail more extensive work, but they will also produce the most dramatic results. Non-surgical options are more affordable and tend to be less invasive, but they won’t give you the “wow” factor that you get with surgery.
The significant difference is that with non-surgical treatments, you will not need a lot of time to recover and may not even need some time off, which is the exact opposite with the surgical options. Either way, both types of smile makeovers can be life-changing, depending on your circumstances.
What Can I expect to Look Like After My Treatment is Complete?
Now, this really depends on the options you choose. If you get a non-surgical approach where gum reshaping is done, your appearance won’t change much from how it looks right now!
Surgical “hollywood smiles,” however, will give you an entirely new set of teeth that may or may not be noticeable to other people. Ideally, this is because they’re very subtle, but still do make a massive difference in your appearance.
Are There Any Risks Associated with Having Cosmetic Dentistry Done on Your Teeth?
While the risks associated with getting a smile makeover are very few, that doesn’t mean you should just ignore them. For example, dentists sometimes have to use general anesthesia if they need to do extensive procedures on your teeth.
That said, the amount of time it takes for you to wake up from sedation depends on how powerful your dentist’s anesthetic is and whether or not they use nitrous oxide as well. In other words, there’s always a chance that you could be unconscious for too long, so this is something you should keep in mind when picking out a dentist.
In addition to this, some cosmetic dentistry procedures can lead to dry mouth because of the medications used, and this can be not very pleasant! Luckily, though, there are several treatment options that can help you reverse this side effect after about a few months of continued treatment.
So Should You Get a Smile Makeover?
If you’ve ever had any doubts in your mind that there’s something wrong with your smile, then it might be time to look into getting a smile makeover. Not only will it allow you to change your appearance and boost your self-confidence, but you’ll also be able to stop feeling insecure about your teeth!
However, if you don’t want to get a smile-makeover or if you’ve already gotten one and didn’t like the results; you may want to look into dental veneers. This is because they’re designed for people who want to cover up cracks in their enamel while also making their teeth look aesthetically appealing at the same time. Dental veneers may not offer as much of a “wow” factor as surgery does, but they can still help people overcome their insecurities and give them more confidence in their smiles, so they’re highly recommendable to check out.
In the end, the best thing you can do is go to your dentist and talk about what they recommend. They’ll be able to suggest the proper treatment for your specific needs, so don’t hesitate to ask them if they think a smile makeover will help improve your appearance!
Leave a Reply