Invisalign is a revolutionary dental aligner that is made from clear plastic, and the device can be removed when eating, which is an improvement over traditional wire braces that cannot be removed. The dentist shapes the device to assert the right amount of pressure on specific teeth, which changes their direction of growth. Over the course of the treatment, the dentist would change the device at certain points.
Here are Some of The Oral Issues That Invisalign Can Treat:
- Gaps In Teeth – If you have gaps between your teeth, food particles can become trapped, which over time, can cause tooth decay and gum infection. Invisalign can treat small spaces between the teeth, while larger gaps would be more suitable for porcelain veneer treatment.
- Crooked Teeth – Invisalign is designed to straighten teeth and when you look at the affordable cost of Invisalign in Auckland or in your local area, the treatment is ideal for straightening your smile. Treatment could last from a few months to 2 years, depending on the severity of the misalignment, and the dentist would replace the device 2 or even 3 times during the treatment period.
- Underbite – Invisalign can treat underbite, when the lower teeth are protruding too far forward, and it achieves this by changing the growth direction of the lower teeth, allowing both sets to meet for a better bite action.
- Overbite – This is when the upper teeth close too far in front of the lower set, and in some cases, Invisalign can decrease the difference, which is something the dentist would discuss with you during the initial examination.
- Crossbite – When some of the upper teeth sit inside the lower teeth, rather than meeting at the centre, and in a few cases, Invisalign treatment is recommended. If a crossbite issue is not addressed, this could cause certain teeth to lose their enamel coating, due to constant friction. Any bite issues can have far-reaching implications for the teeth and the jawbone and you need to consult with an orthodontist as soon as you are able.
- Crowded Teeth – Sometimes the teeth are crowded and this results in some teeth twisting as they grow. One suitable treatment for crowded teeth is to wear an Invisalign device. Of course, every person is unique and the dental specialist would take several aspects into consideration when examining a patient and recommending treatment.
When wearing an Invisalign device, it is important to wear the device at all times, with the exception of meal times, for obvious reasons, and if the patient doesn’t wear the device while sleeping, this would result in a diminished outcome.
When you first begin to wear the Invisalign aligner, you will feel a dull ache in your teeth, as they are gradually forced to change the growth direction, and this uncomfortable feeling only lasts a few days and should it bother you, take some over-the-counter pain medication.
Some people are reluctant to wear wire braces as they affect your appearance, whereas Invisalign is not visible when worn, and for this reason, many professional people prefer the device instead of the traditional steel wire braces.
Leave a Reply