Ankle braces can be worn on your injured ankles. It can also be worn to protect your ankle from activities that put pressure. It can be used as prevention to ankle injuries. The ones with injure ankle have to wear it all the time. You would want to wear them with Best Shoes for Ankle Support. So, how to wear an ankle brace with shoes?
Benefits of ankle brace
Reinforcement on ankles during recovery:
- It makes the recovery easier.
- It puts pressure on both sides.
- It reduces inflammation.
- It reduces the time of recovery
- The worst is to get hit on the injured part.
- It provides insulation from anything that can hurt the ankle again.
- It can also be worn where there is a risk of injury.
- A preventive measure
When to wear ankle brace?
Ankle braces help your recover fast. Ankle braces help you protect from injuries. But, one needs to consult an expert if injuries are severe. It isn’t a one-step solution to all ankle problems. Also, the particular brand of ankle brace needs to be considered before using.
How to wear an ankle brace with shoes?
On an injured ankle, the ankle brace has to be worn all the time. It isn’t easy if you can’t wear shoes. Not many know that you can actually wear an ankle brace with shoes. Let’s see how we can do it.
Selecting the right ankle braces:
Many ankle braces are too bulky. You cannot wear shoes with huge ones. Select the ankle braces that are not very thick and fits well with legs.
Before we know how to wear an ankle brace with shoes, we need to know where we go wrong while choosing ankle braces
- Size of the Ankle Braces: Do not choose ankle braces based on the size of the shoes you wear. Measure the ankle and use the size part available with your chemist. Try them before buying. They should fit well without causing any discomfort.
- Check for the surface of Ankle braces: You don’t want an ankle brace with knots and flaps that make the surface uneven. Some of the brands also use the area for superfluous branding. Don’t buy them. Choose the one that is perfectly plain in sight and touch.
Selecting the shoes:
To wear shoes over the ankle braces, you have to consider a few points. These points will ensure that you get the right pair of shoes. Most of the time, the only problems is that you are wearing the wrong pair.
- Rigid materials: Cheap shoes made of rigid materials should never be worn with ankle braces. They can, in fact, aggravate the condition.
- Flexible material: The same applies if the shoes are very flexible. You shouldn’t allow too much flexibility for ankle braces. They need to be supported, too
- Oversize shoes: If you are wearing it for the first time, try with an oversized shoe that is firm yet gentle. With oversized shoes, you can know exactly if you should wear the shoe of lower size.
- Sneakers: Perhaps, the best suited for wearing ankle braces. When people how to wear an ankle brace with shoes, they should know the type of shoes they are wearing. Sneakers are comfortable. They are rigid enough and flexible. It serves our purpose.
- Shoes with laces: Always choose the shoes with laces. They give you extra leverage. You can keep the laces open if your injury is severe. And, also you can exactly control the amount of tightening you might require. Sneakers with laces are the best option
Best Deals Ankle Braces For This Week
|1||Med Spec 264014 ASO Ankle Stabilizer, Black, Medium||$26.49||Buy on Amazon|
|2||Ankle Support Brace, Breathable Neoprene Sleeve, Adjustable Wrap!||$9.99||Buy on Amazon|
|3||McDavid 195 Deluxe Ankle Brace with Strap (Black, Large)||$34.99 $25.79||Buy on Amazon|
Wearing he shoes over the ankle braces
This is the last and most important step. After choosing the correct ankle brace and the correct pair of shoes, follow the steps, gently.
- Removing the ankle brace strap: Gently remove the strap on the lower side of the brace. They can’t be used while wearing shoes.
- Placing the strap in the shoes: Lift the insole. Place the bottom of the ankle brace underneath. You might have to wear it all day. You can’t keep taking off your shoes all day. Take as much time as you need. Ensure that it is a comfortable place.
- Inserting your foot in the shoes: Be extremely gentle if you are doing it the first time. You don’t want to disturb the placement of the ankle brace. Insert our foot slowly inside the shoe. Tighten the laces to your requirement. Secure the top strap of the brace.
Follow these simple steps. They will ensure that you cause no damage to the placement of ankle braces.
More option for shoes that can be worn with ankle braces
Apart from conventional sneakers with tongue and laces, there are other pair of shoes that work well. Brands like Nike, Adidas, Dr. Martens, Under Armour and few other have shoes that can easily accommodate ankle braces. You can try those if the way your shoes look matter as much as the functionality.
The Best Ankle Braces help you to keep your ankle safe and secure. An accident, a small mishap, anything can cause injury. With the help of ankle brace, you can recover fast. For fast recovery, you have to wear it most of the time. It becomes uncomfortable if you can’t wear shoes.
The final conclusion of how to wear an ankle brace with shoes is following. Don’t buy a low-cost ankle strap because it costs a few dollars less. This is a matter of health and the best product is advisable. Ankle straps with a smooth surface and comfortable setting are to be used.
Wear shoes that don’t disturb the setting. Secure the straps and shoes depending on the extent of the injury. Talk to your physiotherapist once before buying the shoes.