Gone are the days you had to spend your hours at the massage parlor trying to soothe and relax your muscles. Today, you can buy a massage chair, install it home, and massage your body at any time, as long as you want. These chairs have not been around for long, and most of the users who own them today are using them for the first time. For that reason, some users may find hard to keep up with the rapid advancement in technology that comes with these chairs. Being an electronic device, the massage chair will only produce the intended results if you make the correct controls. Here is a brief guide on how to use a personal massager at home:
Basic Guidelines on How to Use a Personal Massager
- The first thing to do is to ensure the chair is connected to the mains, Do so by plugging it on the power supply. Do not switch it on immediately.
- A small crop of massage chairs will automatically recline to assume the Zero Gravity posture when you sit on them. That’s nice. For those that don’t, switch on the chair first and allow it to settle if it’s swinging.
- The makers of massage chairs ensure that the controls are as close to your arms as possible. As such, they always place them on the armrest. Better yet, some manufacturers provide a convenient remote control so you don’t move your hands around often.
- To start the session, press the start button either on the armrest or remote control device. The inbuilt rollers will tighten the grip on the body and begin kneading and rolling. You can adjust the strength of the rollers from the remote control or armrest. After some time, when the rollers start feeling rough and tight, or if you feel the massage is not effective, you can return to the controls and make the necessary adjustments.
- While it is prudent to concentrate so that you can get the most out of the massaging session, consider positioning yourself in such a way that you can get out of your massage chair in case you lose control of it.
- Place your massage chair in the open space with fewer obstacles to get the most of air circulation. The room should also be quite. You want the massage session to be effective.
- Once you’re done, don’t forget to switch off the chair
How to Use a Personal Massager Effectively
- Put your body’s regular problems into consideration
Massage chairs are designed to deliver massage at various parts of the body although this can depend on how advanced your chair is. If you have recurring backaches, neck restlessness, and headaches, feet soreness, and similar problems, consider these problems when configuring your massage chair. About 4 – 5 massage sessions on a massage chair per week regularly are enough to solve these problems.
- Ensure the chair covers your entire body
This can be a challenge for taller and shorter users. However, most of the massage chairs on the market today are capable of folding and stretching or increasing and decreasing in size to accommodate a range of body sizes. Therefore, you need to be fully conversant with respective controls to make the chair effective. If you are troubled with feet and leg aches or headache, you’ll need to ensure that your whole body is covered.
- Gauge your body in accordance with its feel
Listen to your body. In some cases, it can be hard to determine when to and when not to use the massage chair. This, however, should be easily determined by how your body feels. You know it is the right time to use your massage chair when body responses change your behavior patterns. If you experience intense stress or headache, for instance, or your back is just unbearable, do your body a favor and hop on the massage chair immediately.
- Sit comfortably and do not turn off the controls
I used to get bothered with those finger-like projections and vibrations produced by massage chairs. Yet those are the processes responsible for massaging the body. If you want to get best results, consider sitting comfortably and letting the chair take complete control of your body.
A massage chair is perhaps one of the best inventions of the recent – the massage chair, social media, and the smartphone. Being a relatively new electronic, you need to know how to use a personal massager it to get the most out of it.
Leave a Reply