Hearing aids are used to help the deaf people to hear. And sometimes the hearing aids require adjustment in different environment. Knowing how to adjust the aids is important for the people who use them.
So, how to adjust hearing aid volume? In the case of an automatically adjusted aid, you can not change the volume. For the other aids, press or roll up to increase the sound. Press or roll down to decrease the sound. You can use your phone to adjust the sound if it is a wireless phone control set.
That is not the end. In this article, you will get the using methods of hearing aids in detail. Without further ado, let’s get started.
Problems And Their Quick Solutions To Adjust Hearing Aid Volume
To adjust the sound, you can follow the following methods.
|Method Name||How to adjust the volume|
|Automatically adjusted||Automatically adjusted|
|Program button||Press one button twice. Understand if it is increasing or decreasing and then adjust|
|Knob system||Roll up to increase and roll down to decrease. Adjust by the beeping sound|
|Pressing the rocker switch||Press shortly up to increase sound and down to decrease sound|
|Digital adjustment||Install an app and connect. Drag your finger into the phone to adjust the sound|
You can adjust your device with the help of this table. But for better understanding, jump to the next portion for in-detail description.
How to Adjust Hearing Aid Volume?
Adjusting the volume is easy to do. Follow the method according to your aids volume switch or button and adjust the sound.
Method 1: Automatically Adjusted
Automatic hearing aids come with an adjusted sound system. You can not increase or decrease the sound range manually. If the noise frequency is louder, it will amplify it and comes in the form of soft speech.
It is the best hearing aid for those who are suffering from mild and moderate hearing loss. But for those who are suffering from severe hearing loss, it will not be suitable for them. They can not adjust the sound according to their convenience.
Method 2: Program Button
The hearing aids have a program button. One increases the sound level and another decreases the sound level. You will get a beeping sound while pressing the buttons.
Follow the steps below:
- Step 1: First, wear both hearing aids properly
- Step 2: Press any one program button of the aids
- Step 3: Again, press the same button
- Step 4: Understand the intensity of the sound. If the right button increases the sound, the left one will decrease or vice versa. If you are pressing the increase button, in each press, the sound will gradually increase.
Similarly, if you are pressing the decrease button, the sound will decrease with every press
- Step 5: Now, according to the beep intensity, fix the volume to your comfort level
- The process is easy to handle. Also, this type of hearing aid is suitable for all types of hearing loss. But here, it could be a problem if you have a different hearing capacity for both ears.
Both hearing aids will provide you with the same hearing range. If you need to increase or decrease only one aid that is not possible.
Method 3: Knob System
Some hearing aids come with a knob system. This type of hearing aid is beneficial, especially for those people who have different hearing loss in both ears. That means you might hear loud in your right ear in comparison to your left ear.
In that case, you can adjust the hearing at the same level as the two have separate knobs. Some knobs are marked in number, and some do not have any number.
- Step 1: Roll the knob upward to increase the sound.
- Step 2: If you want to decrease the sound, roll down.
You have to set both knobs. Suppose you have set only one ear, and the other one is at level zero. Then you can not hear in that one which is at level zero. So, while adjusting the hearing aids, you have to adjust both.
Method 4: Pressing The Rocker Switch
Some hearing aids come in the form of a switch. You can easily use it as a volume control.
- Step 1: Shortly press down to decrease the volume
- Step 2: Press up to increase the volume
- Step 3: You will hear a beep in every press to adjust to the right sound
- Some are marked with ‘+’ on the upper side and ‘-‘ on the lower side. That also indicates an increase and decrease.
- If you change the volume control on one side, those changes will automatically apply to the other ear. You do not have to adjust both ears.
- The rocker switch can be programmed into other programs as well. For example, a program for tinnitus can also be accessed using the rock switch.
To do so, you would just do a long press for about two seconds to access the second program. Or you can do a long press at the top. Be sure to consult with your audiologist if you do have multiple programs in your hearing aid.
Method 5: Digital Adjustment
Nowadays, many hearing aids come with digital technology. You can easily check the battery level, adjust the volume and perform many functions just by connecting the aid to your phone. A digital adjustment system is the best hearing assist for modern people as it can fulfill all your requirements.
But how to adjust hearing aid volume on your phone is a wondering fact. This system is easier than other systems. There are certain apps available to connect the set to the phone. You can get the adjust option in the app.
- Click the adjust icon.
- An adjusting circle will appear on the screen.
- Press your finger to the circle to adjust the sound.
A good side of this aid is that you can adjust at the same level or individually. All the above methods are applicable only for one option. But you can choose your comfort zone in case a wireless app depends on the hearing aid.
Talk to your audiologist before using any kind of hearing aid. Using this product without any expert opinion can create situations like permanent hearing loss. Also, the outcome of hearing aids is always better than not using them.
These are some questions asked by people about adjusting hearing aid volume.
Q: Why is my hearing aid not loud enough?
Your hearing aid is not loud enough if you haven’t adjusted it correctly. Or there could be damage or blockage in the hearing aid.
Q: How do I adjust the volume on my Phonak hearing aid?
Adjust the volume on your Phonak hearing aid by pressing the right button to increase the sound. To decrease the sound, press the left button.
A hearing aid is a blessing for people who are suffering from hearing. People day by day change this device and apply technology to make it easier to use. But while they use the device for the first time a question will arise in their mind.
As they haven’t used it before, how to adjust hearing aid volume will bother them. However, the sound-adjusting method is not a hard task. You can easily follow the method according to the sound button. But before using it, discuss all the doubts with your audiologist.
Leave a Reply