When you have a walking problem due to an injury, ailment or old age such that you cannot walk without assistance, it can be a big hassle to have to rely on people around you. Your loved ones may let you down at times due to one reason or another. For example, one may not be on standby to immediately walk you to where you want to get due to their own personal commitments. As such, you may end up having to wait until they show up before you can get moving. A good wheelchair is what you need for your situation. And that is where the popular Drive Medical Blue Streak wheelchair comes in handy.
Features & Tech Specs of the Drive Medical Blue Streak Wheelchair
The Blue Streak wheelchair by Drive Medical is a quality product that offers value for money. This great mobility solution is known for its well thought out combination of features and technical specifications. Some of the key features and technical specifications of this amazing mobility solution include the following:
- An innovative wheelchair design for maximum comfort, support, and usability.
- A 20-inch seat that is very cozy.
- Dual detachable desk arms for cushioning your hands from hard metal components.
- Innovative swing-away leg rests.
- Long lasting tires with a push-to-lock functionality for safety purposes.
- A comfortable calf strap for protecting your legs.
- Armrest height: 8 inches.
The innovative design & swing away leg rests, the comfortable calf strap, and the detachable desk arms are some of the key features that set this medically endorsed wheelchair apart. This is not to mention the durable tires that are equipped with a safety push-to-lock functionality. As a matter of fact, we tested the Drive Medical Blue Streak wheelchair and loved the wheelchair for a number of reasons. Some of them include the following:
- Lightweight Folding Wheelchair: These cutting-edge wheelchairs for adults and seniors make independent mobility enjoyable via specialized features; just 41 pounds, the portable wheelchair folds to a compact 12.5-inch width for transport or storage
- Durable Design: This transport wheelchair features durable tires enhanced with push-to-lock functionality for added safety; model features a 18-inch seat, swing-away footrests, and flip-back desk arms
- Smooth, Stable Ride: Easy to push with solid yet lightweight wheels, this single axle wheelchair is easy to maneuver and fits through most doorways
- Flipback Armrests & Swing Away Footrests: Lightweight wheelchair features padded “desk” style arms that make it easier to sit at a desk or table and flip back for transfer; swing-away footrests are removable
- Dimensions: Overall: 42 inches in length x 24 inches wide x 36 inches in height; closed: 12.5 inches wide; seat: 16 inches depth x 18 inches wide; armrest: 8 inches in height; weight capacity: 250 lbs
User & Caregiver Friendly
The first factor that sets this medical wheel chair apart from the rest is user and caregiver friendly. The Drive Medical Blue Streak wheelchair is lightweight, comfortable, easy-to-push, easy-to-transport(simply push sides together to take anywhere) and easy-to-clean. In addition, the removable desk arms and well thought out swing-away leg rests offers a support that can be customized as desired.
The swing away footrest, detachable desk arms, ergonomic back and calf strap make for the innovative design of the Drive Medical Blue Streak wheelchair. This well thought out design allows the wheel chair to provide independent mobility. In other words, it allows users to use the wheelchair without needing much help from third parties. In addition, it makes the chair quite enjoyable to use.
Drive Medical Blue’s Streak Wheelchair Is Durable
Durability is another factor that sets this quality wheelchair apart. The premium grade canvas for the seat, back & sides, the stainless steel metallic components and the rubber tires will not wear and tear so easily even with daily usage. These materials are strong and will withstand the ravages of time further than other materials for similar wheelchairs.
The Blue Streak wheelchair is one of the safest wheelchairs to use independently without the help of another person, thanks to the safety lock feature that comes with it. Once the feature is engaged, the wheelchair will not move accidentally regardless of the angle of the surface on which it is sitting. Another safety related feature of the wheelchair is the cozy calf strap, which prevents your legs from falling back off the footplates while ensuring comfort.
One thing about wheelchairs is that many of them are touted to be ergonomically designed when in reality, they are not. Ergonomics is just a posture oriented term their manufacturers falsely use to entice buyers, especially those who are keen on posture support and comfort. That is one of the reasons some wheel chair users will develop back problems over time.
But this Drive Medical’s wheelchair is truly ergonomic. Its comfortable seat with a well thought out back support will truly protect your posture from being damaged. Plus, the seat’s height can be adjusted. Other features that contribute to its ergonomics are the adjustable customizable footrest and cozy calf strap. Whether you are tall or short with a delicate posture, you can be confident that this amazing wheelchair will not cause any damage to it, no matter how long you use the chair.
This wheelchair is narrower compared to other wheelchair in its category. As such, it can easily get through most doors, without needing to adjust its width configuration significantly.
After evaluating the features & technical specs of the Drive Medical Blue Streak wheelchair, and testing the wheelchair, we can confidently say that this is one of the best wheelchairs out there worth your money. With a great combination of features & technical specs alongside a number of benefits to enjoy from this product, you can be confident that you will get value for money.
Best Deals For This Week
Related Review Articles: