- 1 Introduction
- 2 Top 10 Best Upright Exercise Bikes Reviews Benefits
- 2.1 1. Sunny Health and Fitness SF-B901Indoor Cycle Bike
- 2.2 2. Sunny Health & Fitness SF-B1002Indoor Cycle Bike
- 2.3 3. Schwinn Airdyne Bike Series
- 2.4 4. Schwinn 170 Upright Bike
- 2.5 5. Assault AirBike Classic
- 2.6 6. Nautilus U616 Upright Bike
- 2.7 7. Pyhigh S7 Indoor Cycling for Home Cardio Workout
- 2.8 8. L NOW D808 Upright Bike Indoor Stationary Bike
- 2.9 9. Interactive Fitness Expresso HD Exercise Bike
- 2.10 10. Sole Fitness B94 Upright Bike
- 2.11 Best Upright Exercise Bike Buying Guide
- 2.12 Best Upright Exercise Bike: FAQs
- 3 Final Words
If keeping fit in 2020 is one of your New Year resolutions then you are not alone. Many people want to add lean muscles or lose weight and the only way they can do that is by exercising at home or in a gym. You can find gym equipment that can help you achieve your fitness goals like a stationary bike, treadmill, and rower. If a stationary bike is your preferred cardio equipment then you can choose between recumbent and upright exercise bike. Choosing the best upright exercise bike can help you achieve a low impact cardiovascular exercise right from home.
Upright exercise bikes are the preferred cardio equipment to use at home because they are simple to use and can be used by anyone including teenagers and adult members of your family. Also, they offer excellent cardio exercise results which make sense if you want to buy one. Today, the market is flooded with many upright exercise bike models giving you a wide variety of options and styles to choose from. Choosing the right upright exercise bike requires a lot of consideration. If you are confused about the features to look at while buying an upright exercise bike then don’t worry.
Before the end of this upright exercise bike reviews, we will discuss the features you should look for while buying the best upright exercise bike. Just like any other gym equipment, you need to ask yourself the following questions. First, what is your current level of fitness? Second, what are your fitness goals? Third, do you need to build stamina or you want to shed weight? Depending on your budget and needs, you can find the right upright exercise bike that offers an enjoyable cardio workout and is easier on your joints compared to running. In this article, we have summarized the top 10 best upright bikes available on the market this year.
Top 10 Best Upright Exercise Bikes Reviews Benefits
1. Sunny Health and Fitness SF-B901Indoor Cycle Bike
Topping this list of best upright exercise bikes is Sunny Health and Fitness Pro Indoor Cycling Bike. This is a bright red and grey exercise bike that is affordable yet durable making it ideal for an intense workout. The SF-B901 has 2-way adjustable handlebars and 4 ways adjustable seats which offer a completely customizable experience for ultimate compatibility and comfort. It goes without saying that the heavier the wheel, the smoother the ride. The 40 lb chromed solid flywheel is engineered for stability and speed, creating more momentum for an extended duration of time that keeps you going for longer. With Sunny Health and Fitness Pro Indoor Cycling Bike, trainers won’t strain beyond limits. The customizable resistance allows you to gradually enhance your workouts as you start to build muscles. Also, this upright exercise bike features a well-padded seat for ultimate comfort while riding.
- The frame has a 1-year warranty while the components have a 90-day warranty
- 40 lb flywheel gives you a real feeling like you are riding outdoors
- Has a fully adjustable saddle that makes it ideal for most people
- It has an unbeatable price
- It is quite easy to assemble
- Lacks computerized features i.e. no console with data or programming
- It has no on-board entertainment
2. Sunny Health & Fitness SF-B1002Indoor Cycle Bike
This is another Sunny Health & Fitness product to feature on this list. The SF-B1002 is a durable and robust bike that comes with a heavy 49 lb weighted flywheel. It features a fully customizable 2-way adjustable handlebars and 4-way adjustable seats that allow users to configure it to any comfortable position. The resistance system gives riders a realistic, real-road feeling. Also, Sunny Health & Fitness Indoor Cycle Bike has a sturdy steel frame and a maximum user weight of 275 lb that ensures the upright bike keeps moving ride after ride. The free belt drive system offers a quiet and smooth ride.
- It has a bottle holder that enables you to stay hydrated during your workout
- The 49 lb flywheel helps you generate momentum quickly and smoothly
- It comes with adjustable caged pedals
- Adjustable leather pad resistance
- This exercise bike does not have a programmable console that shows time, distance, heart rate, and calories burned
- Lacks entertainment like iPod compatible speakers
3. Schwinn Airdyne Bike Series
Third on this list of best upright exercise bikes is Schwinn Airdyne Bike Series. It comes with high-end features that offer a great performance to riders for a good workout. The faster you pedal the Airdyne the more resistance you will get. Schwinn Airdyne Bike Series comes with a progressive wind resistance technology that meets the needs of newbies as well as athletes who are recovering from injuries. Also, it has a custom-designed 26 blade fan that allows riders to burn more calories. This upright bike features a single-stage belt drive that offers smooth, effective and more efficient workout. The heavy-duty commercial-grade construction ensures that the upright bike lasts for a long time.
- Great bike for CrossFit and HIIT workouts
- The smooth belt drive ensures you get a quieter and smooth motion
- It has a well designed central console with multiple programs
- It is not the best for steady-state cardio workouts
4. Schwinn 170 Upright Bike
Schwinn 170 Upright Bike Series which entered the market in 2013 is one of the best upright exercise bike models by Schwinn Company. Its price range is unbeatable and has outstanding features that make it stand out from previous models such as the A10 and 130. Despite its mid-range price, the 170 offers a solid build, with a strong steel frame that is capable of supporting riders of up to 300 lbs. This upright bike features a backlit DualTrack LCD screen that comes with 29 workout programs that help you track your progress, including an adjustable 3-speed fan that keeps you cool. Schwinn 170 Upright Bike has 25 distinct resistance levels that help improve your fitness daily.
- It has a juice or water bottle holder
- Fully adjustable seat and handlebars
- Comes with great entertainment that includes speakers and USB port
- It is easy to assemble this bike
- The LCD screen provides 13 pieces of information that includes calories burned, resistance level, distance and time
- Some customers have complained about its sturdiness
- The seat is not very comfortable
- The Bluetooth connectivity does not work with speakers
5. Assault AirBike Classic
Are you ready to take your workout performance to the next level? Then get the Assault AirBike which is designed to meet your match. There is no exercise bike that is the same and personalizing it to meet your strength and ability can be quite impossible. This is where Assault Airbike shines since it can exceed this challenge. You can automatically ramp up resistance as you pull, push and pedal with greater force and speed. It has unlimited resistance which is great for lower and upper body extremities, allowing you to get a total Cross-Fit Workout. The 25’’ fan wheel offers unlimited resistance together with natural acceleration and smooth action. Other features of the Assault AirBike Classic include the maximum weight of 350 lb, and computer features with many programs like Watts, Intervals, Heart Rate, and Tabata that helps users accomplish your workout goals.
- It has a large fan wheel which provides unlimited resistance
- Features an LCD screen with clear and streamlined console
- Sturdy build with great reinforcement across the upright bike
- Not very strong or smooth compared to its rivals on this list
6. Nautilus U616 Upright Bike
Nautilus U616 Upright Bike is one of the latest exercise bikes in the 600 series and an improvement over the entry-level Nautilus U614 model. Compared to the U614, the U616 comes equipped with better handlebars and consoles, programs, seat, and has more resistance. This upright bike has ergonomic design features that include strong frame design, fully adjustable seat, and angle adjustable handles. Nautilus U616 Upright Bike has 29 unique training programs that allow you to choose from different preset programs which include weight loss, interval training, and cardio health. Also, this upright bike has 25 resistance levels that give you a wide variety of workout intensity.
- 4 way adjustable soft seat
- The handlebars come with resistance control
- Top-notch quality frame and components
- 25 levels of magnetic resistance
- It is iPod/ MP3 compatible
- Speakers not compatible with Bluetooth
7. Pyhigh S7 Indoor Cycling for Home Cardio Workout
Are you looking for a stationary bike that can help you burn calories, improve balance, and enhance endurance right from home? Then PYHIGH Indoor Cycling for Home Cardio Workout is a great option. The Pyhigh S7 has a thick steel bar including a precision welded joint which offers superior sturdiness. It has an LCD monitor that helps you track Distance, Time, Hand Pulse, Rpm, and Scan during your exercise routine. Pyhigh S7 Indoor Cycling for Home Cardio Workout has a comfortable saddle that can be adjusted 4 ways i.e. up and down, back and forth. This upright exercise bike has a unique resistance design that helps you decrease or increase the cycling resistance so that you can choose between different training levels using a simple twist.
- Can hold a weight capacity of up to 330 lbs
- It features a sturdy construction
- Has a pulse sensor which is integrated into the handlebar
- 4 way adjustable handlebar and seat
- Pulse sensors are integrated into the handlebar
- It has no bottle holder
- The pedals lack SPD clips
8. L NOW D808 Upright Bike Indoor Stationary Bike
L NOW is a well-known brand that specializes in indoor exercise bikes, both upright and standard models. This brand has been in the industry long enough to establish itself as a leader in fitness equipment manufacturers. L NOW D808 Upright Bike Indoor Stationary Bike is a quiet and smooth indoor bike that makes your cycling more effective and convenient in the house. It features an 8 level magnetic tension control system that allows users to adjust the tension level so that you can have an easy or difficult workout session. The LCD screen helps you monitor the distance, calories, speed, heart rate and odometer. Also, the L NOW Stationary Bike is very quiet while you are working out and distinctive as you can move it around the room thanks to the transport wheels.
- The ergonomic design comes with a padded seat that offers maximum comfort while working out
- Comes with durable transport wheels that make it easy to transport the indoors
- 4 way adjustable seat allows people of different sizes to use the machine
- It has a sturdy steel frame that can support up to 300 pounds
- The console is quite basic and has no built-in exercise programs speakers, backlight Bluetooth connectivity, and USB charging ports
9. Interactive Fitness Expresso HD Exercise Bike
Expresso refers to a division of Interactive Fitness, a company that is based in Santa Clara, California. The exercise bikes which are offered Expresso are quite expensive but the quality of workout offered is unmatched. Interactive Fitness Expresso HD Exercise Bike has an ergonomic backrest as well as a seat that is designed for comfort, which accommodates different types of riders. Also, this upright exercise bike has a big 19” visual display which ensures you are in the right direction. With Interactive Fitness Expresso HD Exercise Bike, you can steer the bike through 30 pre-programmed tours and chases.
- It has dual water bottle holder that ensures you stay hydrated throughout your workout
- Comes with an interactive, virtual reality system so that you can compete with other cyclists
- Includes 30 chases and tours on 4 levels of difficulty
- Features heart rate sensors that are located on the grips
- 90 days warranty on parts and labor
- The warranty is not as great as other exercise bikes on this list of best upright exercise bikes
10. Sole Fitness B94 Upright Bike
Finally on this list of best upright exercise bikes is Sole Fitness B94 Upright Bike. The B94 offers great features at an unbeatable price range. This upright bike consumes less space in your living room but provides comfortable workout sessions. It features a 9-inch high-resolution LCD screen that comes with 10 programs which include real-time distance, time, calories, pulse, laps, RPM, laps, heart rate, pace, and watts.The Sole B94 features a high tech console that has Bluetooth connection capability with a cooling fan and sound system. Also, this bike has heavy steel tubing that makes indoor riding light, durable, and manageable. Sole Fitness B94 Upright Bike has a weight capacity of 300 lb and 20 levels resistance.
- Multiple preset programs
- 20 levels of magnetic resistance
- App compatible and Bluetooth enabled
- Can support up to 300 lb weight capacity
- Mp3 connection, speakers and cooling fan
- 4 way adjustable soft seat
- The customer service is not so great
Best Upright Exercise Bike Buying Guide
When you think of getting a stationary exercise bike for your home, the first thing that comes to mind is an upright exercise bike. These exercise bikes deliver a considerable challenge to trainers of all ability levels without compromising on features or comfort. Upright exercise bikes vary in shapes and sizes which makes it vital to look at their features before buying one. It is important you look at the bike’s resistance levels, and ensure the seat is comfy enough because you will be spending a lot of time working out. In addition to features, make sure you consider the cost of the upright exercise bike.
The most expensive upright bikes are equipped with top-notch technology and features like resistance settings, workout programs as well as biometric gathered. They also have integrated apps that track your fitness goals, helping you achieve your required level of fitness. On the other hand, less expensive exercise bikes have a lower quality body and have fewer features while the numbers of resistance levels are less. Also, cheap upright bikes have a bad warranty compared to the more expensive ones. The following are things you should consider before you buy the best upright exercise bike.
When it comes to upright bikes, there is nothing like one size fits all. While looking for the best upright exercise bike, you need to look at whether it is ideal for your fitness level. There are exercise bikes that are designed for athletes looking for gym equipment with varying challenges. You can also find exercise bikes that are designed for beginner trainers. So depending on your fitness level, you can find the right upright bike.
The second factor to consider while purchasing the best upright exercise bike is its comfort level. The last thing that you want to do is to choose an upright bike that is not comfortable. Before purchasing the bike, you can test the saddle to be sure it is of the desired comfort level.
The best upright exercise bike comes with a control module that allows you to receive feedback and control your exercise. Most upright bikes feature a control panel with an LCD screen that has buttons. The benefit of these buttons is that they allow you to easily adjust the resistance levels. On the other hand, the LCD screens offer workout metrics such as speed, calories burned, distance, time and more.
Ease of Use
Not all stationary bikes are easy to use because the best upright exercise bikes have a digital display. This means you should know how to optimize the performance of the upright bike for what you are looking for. In case you are buying an exercise bike for somebody who is not very tech-savvy, then you must consider its ease of use.
It doesn’t make sense to buy a stationary bike that does not have resistance because you won’t burn calories, test your muscles, or raise your heart rate. If you are looking to achieve the most out of your training, then resistance is an important feature to look at. You can find several resistance systems available on the best upright exercise bike but the most common is magnetic resistance.
Heart Rate Monitor
The best upright exercise bikes come equipped with this feature. Heart rate monitor especially the ones that can be strapped on your body are important while exercising because they help you monitor your heart rate without impeding your movement. Some upright bikes give you the option of buying a stand-alone heart rate monitor.
The height range is another important factor to consider while looking for the best upright exercise bike to purchase. In case you are very tall say over 6 feet then you can find it uncomfortable to ride certain exercise bikes. On the other hand, if you are very short, i.e. under 5 feet, you might find it difficult to reach the handle and pedals. This explains why you should pay attention to the bike’s height range so that you know if you can properly fit on it.
Best Upright Exercise Bike: FAQs
Question: What feature makes a good upright bike?
Answer: Comfort is an important factor to consider while buying the best upright exercise bike. If an exercise bike is comfortable, it means that you can enjoy riding for a long time. However, the most important factor that determines if an upright exercise bike is good is the build quality. A durable and stable exercise bike has a flywheel that is properly attached so that it runs quietly and smoothly.
Question:Which is better between a recumbent and upright bike?
Answer: The two most popular types of stationary bikes are upright and recumbent bikes. These two bikes offer low impact workouts and help trainers burn calories, boost endurance and have better cardiovascular health. Recumbent bikes are more suitable for people with joint problems while upright exercise bikes are suitable for those without joint problems.
Question:Is it good to use an upright bike for weight loss?
Answer: The best upright exercise bikes have a resistance system that helps you burn calories which contributes to weight loss. For you to achieve this, you need to increase the intensity and resistance, and vary your workout routine.
There are many benefits to buying an upright exercise bike. This bike gives you a more consistent workout compared to outdoor cycling because you are in the same body position. Riding on an upright exercise bike helps workout your upper body arms which include your shoulders, biceps, and triceps. Because upright exercise bikes come with a smaller footprint, they will consume less space in your house. Before you buy an upright exercise bike, you need to know what your fitness goals are. Also, think about how hard you want to exercise and how often you will use the bike. Make sure you do not overestimate your abilities so that you don’t buy the wrong exercise bike. Hopefully, you can find the best upright exercise bike from the above list of top 10 upright exercise bikes review.
Best Deals For This Week
|1||Schwinn Fitness 170 Upright Bike||4,947 Reviews||$699.00 $332.99||Buy on Amazon|
|2||Nautilus U618 Upright Bike||883 Reviews||$699.00 $350.99||Buy on Amazon|
|3||CIRCUIT FITNESS Circuit Fitness Folding Upright Exercise Bike with Adjustable Resistance 250 lb....||619 Reviews||$106.79||Buy on Amazon|
Related Review Articles: