Many people are opting to exercise from home rather than pay an expensive gym membership fee. With the right cardio equipment, you can improve your endurance, maintain fitness or burn calories. Having a treadmill at home is a good idea because it allows you to do more exercise which is good for your health. You can choose to either walk or run on a treadmill which offers great fun. Traditional treadmills used to cost a fortune but thanks to fast advancement in technology, you can find the best treadmill under 300. Treadmills that cost less than $300 are considered to be entry-level devices, which are ideal for runners and light walkers. Models that go for this price have a manual incline adjustment as well as limited programs for exercise workouts.
The two main types of treadmills include motorized treadmills and manual treadmills. A manual treadmill is not powered by a motor but by your movement. These treadmills are normally lighter and smaller, meaning that they consume less space. On the other hand, a motorized treadmill is large and heavy machines that are designed to imitate your running experience. With this machine, you can automatically adjust the incline and speed by a push of a button. This helps you switch up your workouts to include walking, jogging, running and sprinting. If your budget is low then you can check out the list below and find out which are the best treadmills to buy in 2020.
- 1 Top 10 Best Treadmill Under 300 Reviews and Features
- 1.1 1. Confidence Power Plus Electric Folding Treadmill
- 1.2 2. SereneLife Smart Digital Folding Exercise Machine
- 1.3 3. Merax JK1603E Folding Electric Treadmill
- 1.4 4. Goplus Treadmill Electric Running Machine
- 1.5 5. Merax 1.5HP Electric Folding Treadmill
- 1.6 6. Merax L510C Folding Electric Treadmill
- 1.7 7. SereneLife Smart Electric Folding Treadmill
- 1.8 8. Best Choice Products Folding Electric Treadmill Machine
- 1.9 9. Goplus 1100W Electric Folding Treadmill
- 1.10 10. GYMAX Folding Electric Portable Treadmill
- 1.11 Buying Guide For Best Treadmill Under 300
- 1.12 Frequently Asked Question (FAQs)
- 2 Final Words
Top 10 Best Treadmill Under 300 Reviews and Features
1. Confidence Power Plus Electric Folding Treadmill
First on this list of best treadmill under 300 is Confidence Power Plus Electric Folding Treadmill. This treadmill has a simple design but the build is quite stable. Most fitness enthusiasts prefer this electric treadmill for walking and light jogging. Measuring 49 x 24 x 11 inches, this treadmill is compact and light allowing it to be moved to any room within your house. It has an ergonomic user interface that provides data on speed, time, distance and calories burned. Confidence Power Plus treadmill has a lightweight and foldable treadmill making it is easy to stow away. Compared to its rivals, the Confidence Power Plus treadmill has a small size that allows it to be stored under the bed.
- It comes with a speed range of 0.6 to 6.2 mph which satisfies the needs of walkers as well as speed walkers
- It can support weights of up to 250 pounds
- Features 3 preset programs
- A compact space-saving design which allows it to be folded and stowed away
- A great machine which gives you value for money
- It does not have an incline for faster calorie burn and muscle toning
- Assembling this folding treadmill can be frustrating
- It can be quite noisy especially when you are changing speeds
- The track size is short and narrow
2. SereneLife Smart Digital Folding Exercise Machine
Next on this list of best treadmill under 300 is a budget treadmill by SereneLife. This is a popular cheap treadmill because it offers a solid performance. SereneLife Smart Digital Folding Exercise Machine features an efficient but quiet 1 horsepower motor that is great for dynamic interval training and long-distance running. This treadmill comes with three in-built programs which are ideal for a variety of exercise. Thanks to the sports app connection, SereneLife Smart Digital Folding Exercise Machine transforms boring workouts into exciting fitness sessions. The digital LCD screen allows users to view running and training data statistics like distance, speed, time, heart rate, and distance speed.
- The hydraulic assistance makes it easy to fold and store which helps save space
- Comes with transportation wheels for easy relocation
- The handlebars have an emergency stop as a safety key
- Offers great performance for both walkers and speed walkers
- Great cushioning for easy workouts
- Features manual three position incline
- The belt size is short and narrow
- It has a low power which is not good for runners and joggers
- The 1 horsepower is not very robust
3. Merax JK1603E Folding Electric Treadmill
Merax JK1603E Folding Electric Treadmill is one of the most affordable treadmills available on the market today. This treadmill might have a simple design but it is very functional. It has a quiet 500-watt motor that produces less noise making it enjoyable to work out while watching TV. Merax JK1603E Folding Electric Treadmill consists of 2 predefined programs as well as 1 custom program that you can customize using the control panel on the treadmill. Its speed range which starts from 0.62 to 6.2 mph allows users to perform exercise workouts that range from walking to jogging. Merax JK160E treadmill comes equipped with LCD that helps monitor your exercise progress in terms of distance, heart rate, speed and time.
- It is portable and lightweight
- Comes at a reasonable price
- Has a folding design as well as quiet
- Comes equipped with a safety emergency stop key
- Comfortable treadmill belt
- It is not ideal for runners
- Has a short warranty
- Features a small deck area
4. Goplus Treadmill Electric Running Machine
The Goplus Treadmill Electric Running Machine allows you to enjoy ultra-sleek workout from home. This treadmill comes with built-in 99 running programs that help you stay fit from home. The Goplus Treadmill is made of simple but robust design and can hold a weight capacity of 220 lbs. It is made of heavy-duty steel construction that can last a lifetime. Measuring 38.2 inches x 14 inches the running belt provides a sturdy and comfortable workout experience. Goplus Treadmill Electric Running Machine has three countdown modes, which allows users to choose how far they want to run and how many calories they want to burn. Also, Goplus Treadmill has a multi-function LED display that shows the heart rate, distance, speed, scan, calories and time. This electric running treadmill comes with 12 preset programs that help get your pumping.
- It features a motor that makes less noise
- Has a durable and sturdy design
- Saves you on energy bill because it has a low power consumption
- Reasonably priced treadmill
- It is easy to store away
- Offers great value for money
- The 14-inch belt is very narrow
- Low power motor which is not ideal for treadmill routines
- Has a compact belt dimensions
5. Merax 1.5HP Electric Folding Treadmill
Merax Electric Folding Treadmill has been optimized for efficiency and convenience. This folding treadmill is powered by a quiet but strong 1.5HP motor which makes it reliable and sturdy enough to withstand long-distance running. Merax Electric Folding Treadmill has a speed range that starts from 0.62 to 7.5 mph that you can change to meet your fitness goal. This treadmill has a large LCD that allows you to track speed, time, burned calories, and distance. It is easy and fast to assemble this treadmill. Thanks to its folding design, it is possible to store it under the bed, living room or a small corner. Besides that, Metrax Electric Folding Treadmill is portable and has wheels that allow for easy transportation.
- It has a reasonable price
- Comes with a folding design
- Features a quiet motor
- It is portable and lightweight
- Has 3 count down modes and 12 preset programs
- No USB ports
- The runway is small to some people
6. Merax L510C Folding Electric Treadmill
Merax L510C Folding Electric Treadmill has three built-in modes that help track your workout progress. The modes have predetermined time and speed settings that give you extra push so that you can have a top-notch quality workout. This folding electric treadmill has a 1.5 horsepower motor that supports speeds that starts from 0.8 to 10 km/h. Also, it has an anti-slip tread belt that measures 15.7 inches which makes the deck spacious while working out. Merax L510C has a 5 inch LED screen that displays different parameters such as distance, speed, calories burned, and heart rate. For your protection, while exercising, it has an auto-stop safety function that stops the machine when you drift back or fall dangerously.
- It is perfect for home use
- Features MP3 and audio auxiliary port
- Simple to assemble and setup
- It is good for both joggers and runners
- Fitted with wheels for easy transportation
- This treadmill is not suitable for tall people over 6 feet
7. SereneLife Smart Electric Folding Treadmill
This is another affordable treadmill from SereneLife to feature on this list. SereneLife Smart Electric Folding Treadmill is a wonderful choice for fitness enthusiasts who don’t have time to go to the gym. This electric treadmill has 12 preset training modes for cardio fitness, health stamina building, and weight loss. Measuring 37 inches by 15.74 inches, SereneLife Smart Electric Folding Treadmill has 1.0 horsepower motor. Also, this treadmill has an adjustable speed that ranges from 0.6 to 6.0 mph. It has a convenient hydraulic folding style that makes it easy to store and setup. One feature that makes this treadmill stand out from the rest is the Bluetooth app sync. The treadmill has a ‘FitShow’ app which allows you to connect your device via Bluetooth.
- Comes with 12 preset training modes
- Has manual three position incline
- The hydraulic assistance makes the treadmill easy to fold
- The low power is not good for runners and joggers
8. Best Choice Products Folding Electric Treadmill Machine
Best Choice is a well-known brand that makes quality products for fitness enthusiasts. This folding treadmill has great features that attract your attention. The digital display allows you to track calories burned, speed, distance, and time. It has 800W motor which provides five presets of between 0.5, 2.0, 4.0, 5.5, and 7.5 mph. Other than that, the treadmill has handlebars and console which help control it. These include the start button, speed control, and stop button in case of an emergency. The handlebars of this electric treadmill have heart pulse sensors that allow you to monitor your heart rate. What makes this treadmill unique from others is that it has two water bottle holders as well as a media shelf for remotes, tablets, phones, and books.
- The treadmill is ideal for every fitness enthusiasts
- It is easy to assemble
- Comes with wheels which makes it portable
- It features speed adjustment
- It is not suitable for high-level athletes
9. Goplus 1100W Electric Folding Treadmill
The best affordable treadmill should not only be easy to use but also save on storage space when it is in use. Goplus 1100W Electric Folding Treadmill lives up to this expectation as it has a space-saving design which makes it easily foldable. Also, this treadmill comes equipped with wheels for easy transportation and storage. Goplus 1100W is made of heavy-duty construction and weighs 220 lbs. This treadmill features a multi-function LED display that shows the heart rate, distance, calories, speed, and scan. With Goplus 1100W Electric Folding Treadmill you are guaranteed safety thanks to the emergency stop button at the handlebars.
- Comes with a 2-year warranty
- Easy to store away
- Convenient control
- Features a great display screen
- It offers great value for money
- It doesn’t come with an option to change the incline
- The power is less for light jogging and walking
10. GYMAX Folding Electric Portable Treadmill
And finally on this list of best treadmill under 300 is GYMAX Folding Electric Portable Treadmill. This treadmill features a powerful yet silent motor that can reach a top speed of 6.5 mph. With GYMAX Folding Treadmill, you can choose a running time that enables you to save time. Measuring 46 inches by 20 inches by 43 inches, this treadmill has a small size which makes it easy to store, space-saver, and foldable. The stylish round monitor allows users to see the calories burned, running speed, time, and distance. GYMAX Folding Electric Portable Treadmill has a non-slip shock absorption running belt which protects your knees by reducing the impact of running.
- Comes with 12 built-in programs to choose
- Transport wheels that make it easy to move
- Quiet 1 HP treadmill motor
- Has a safety key that allows you to stop the treadmill in case of an emergency
- Made from top-notch quality steel
- Narrow running belt
- Not ideal for tall users above 6 feet
- It has flimsy control
Buying Guide For Best Treadmill Under 300
Selecting the best treadmill to buy can be difficult because there are many brands and options to choose from. There is a wide array of factors you need to consider before you purchase the best treadmill under 300. For example, you need to take into consideration your budget, the number of people who will use the treadmill, the amount of space you have at home, and whether the machine features a folding design. Also, you should ascertain if the treadmill has useful features such as heart rate monitor, display time, calorie count, speed etc. The following are other factors you need to consider while choosing the best treadmill to buy that cost under $300.
There are various reasons why people buy a treadmill. For example, you may need a treadmill for running, jogging or sprinting. Depending on your needs then you can know the best treadmill to buy. A budget treadmill that cost less than $300 is meant for light use, including jogging and walking.
The next thing to do after identifying the purpose of buying a treadmill is to set your budget. Make sure you stick to your budget while shopping for a treadmill and don’t spend more. Be careful while buying a treadmill that costs less than $300 because it might have poor stability, weak shock absorbers, short tracks, and weak motors. The treadmill you want to buy should not only be within your budget but also meet your goals.
Running Surface Area
This is an important feature to consider for those who are tall and want to stay fit at home. The running surface area is the user’s main contact with a treadmill. There is no standard size when it comes to the running surface area. Ideally, you should choose a treadmill with a large running surface area size like 60 inches by 22 inches.
Construction Durability and Quality
If you want to get a treadmill that serves you for a long time then you need to consider its construction quality and durability. The first thing to look at is its weight capacity because it indicates if the treadmill is of high quality or not. Also, you want to choose a treadmill that comes with a good warranty, say 1 to 2 years.
It can be a huge investment in buying a treadmill for cardio workouts. So you want to ensure that the treadmill you purchase features technology like large touch screens, Bluetooth/ WiFi connectivity, heart rate monitoring, USB ports, enhanced running programs among other features that enhance your workout.
Before you purchase a treadmill consider if you have enough space in your house to fit a treadmill. You can measure the size of your house then compare it to the length and width of the treadmill you want to buy. If your house is small and you lack enough space, you can choose a folding treadmill.
Incline selection is another important factor to consider while looking for the best treadmill to buy. Depending on your workout needs, you may want a treadmill with a slight incline that mimics outdoor running or one that allows full uphill running. The auto incline allows you to change from one level to another, unlike the manual incline function.
Most treadmills available today focus on being functional rather than aesthetic good. However, you must look for a treadmill with a good design like the ability to be folded.
Frequently Asked Question (FAQs)
Question: Is it advisable to buy a cheap treadmill?
Answer: This is a common question that is asked by customers looking for a budget treadmill and the answer is YES. However, if your target is to buy a cheap treadmill do not exaggerate your expectations so that you are not disappointed. If a treadmill costs a few hundred dollars it will compromise on comfort and convenience to be reliable and functioning.
Question: Is it important to consider the speed, power and belt size?
Answer: Yes, they are important features to look at. If you are looking to buy a budget treadmill then make sure you pay attention to its power, speed and belt size.
Question: Should you choose a foldable treadmill?
Answer: The answer to this question depends on the place you plan to use the treadmill. If your space is small, then it makes sense to choose a foldable treadmill. Most of the best treadmill under 300 are foldable so you don’t have to sweat looking for one.
Question: Will you get a good workout while working out on a treadmill?
Answer: Yes, it is a good workout that works your body muscles. You can choose to increase the speed, walk on hills or run for a great 30-minute workout. Also, running on a treadmill can help you burn calories which contributes to weight loss.
You do not have to break the bank to get the best treadmill that gives you a great workout at home. The best treadmills are easy to use and consume less space, giving you a great workout from home. Instead of paying exorbitant prices to join a local gym, you can get the best treadmill with great features and technology and enjoy a wonderful gym-like workout from home. Before you spend money on a treadmill make sure you pay close attention to its design, shape, and other features so that you can get the best value for what you are paying. Hopefully, the above guide and list of best treadmill under 300 will help you find the ideal treadmill you can buy to stay fit at home.
Best Deals Treadmill For This Week
|1||XTERRA Fitness TR150 Folding Treadmill||11,431 Reviews||$499.99 $370.44||Buy on Amazon|
|2||SereneLife Smart Electric Folding Treadmill – Easy Assembly Fitness Motorized Running Jogging...||3,799 Reviews||$331.06 $301.10||Buy on Amazon|
|3||NordicTrack T Series Treadmill + 30-Day iFIT Membership||20,489 Reviews||$649.00||Buy on Amazon|
Related Review Articles: