- 1 Introduction
- 2 Top 10 Best Rowing Machine Under 500 Reviews and Features
- 2.1 1. Sunny Health and Fitness Magnetic Rowing Machine (SF-RW5515)
- 2.2 2. Stamina ATS Air Rower Rowing Machine
- 2.3 3. Fitness Reality 1000 Magnetic Rowing Machine
- 2.4 4. Stamina 35-1215 Orbital Rowing Machine
- 2.5 5. Sunny Health and Fitness Rowing Machine- Obsidian SF-RW5713
- 2.6 6. Stamina 35-1405 ATS Airpower Rowing Machine
- 2.7 7. Sunny Health and Fitness SF-RW5623 Air Rowing Machine
- 2.8 8. JOROTO Magnetic Power Rowing Machine
- 2.9 9. MaxKare Water Rowing Machine
- 2.10 10. Sunny Health and Fitness SF-RW5508 Pro Rowing Machine
- 2.11 Buying Guide for The Best Rowing Machine Under 500
- 2.12 Frequently ask questions (FAQs)
- 3 Conclusion
Rowing machines are arguably the best full bossy workout machines. A rowing machine not only helps to keep you fit but can also help you get that toned sexy body that you have always wanted. Unfortunately, for far too long, rowing machines were only owned by the elites in society. The ordinary person couldn’t afford one because they were costly. But today things have changed. You can own a rowing machine with just $500 or less. If you are a budget-conscious person and you are looking for a cheap rowing machine to help keep you fit, then today you have clicked the right page. In this post, we have listed the best rowing machine under 500 that would be perfect for your workout needs. All rowing machines that we have listed have best tested and proven to give quality results. They also have excellent reviews and rating from genuine buyers.
Top 10 Best Rowing Machine Under 500 Reviews and Features
1. Sunny Health and Fitness Magnetic Rowing Machine (SF-RW5515)
If you are looking for quality but affordable rowing machine, then look no further than Sunny Health and Fitness Magnetic rowing machine. This machine is not only powerful but also engaging and challenging. It will put pressure on 85% of your body muscles, enabling you to have a well-toned and even body. The SF-RW5515 is equipped with a large LCD monitor that displays everything you need to know about your workout progress including time, speed calories burnt and much more. The 48- inch slide rail and 55-inch inseam length can accommodate rowers of nearly any size.
This rowing machine is made of a durable but lightweight steel body. There are wheels at the front of the machine that enables smooth movement. When not in use, all you need to do tilt and roll out for storage.
SF-RW5515 is equipped with eight levels of magnetic resistance that makes your workout fun and challenging throughout your fitness journey. With a simple twist, you can increase or decrease the resistance to make your workout journey more challenging. The cushion seat, on the other hand, gives you the comfort that you need to work out longer. SF-RW5515 also features large textured pedals with amazing safety straps. This feature helps to ensure that your feet remain in the right places regardless of how intense you work out is.
- The large LCD that tracks all your fitness goals
- Extra-long slide rail that accommodates rowers of nearly any size
- Adjustable magnetic resistance for an effective and challenging workout
- Built-in transportation wheels for easy movement
- Non-slip foot pedals for added safety and comfort
- Foam grip handlebars for comfort
- Chest strap monitor is sold separately despite being compatible with the machine
2. Stamina ATS Air Rower Rowing Machine
If you are looking for simplicity, power and flexibility, then you won’t go wrong if you choose the Stamina ATS Air Rower rowing machine. This rowing machine is very effective for cardiovascular exercises. You can burn up to 1399 calories in a single workout session. One of the main features that make this rowing machine stand out from the rest is its dynamic air resistance feature that provides resistance according to your pace. This means that if you work harder, then you will get more resistance, and if you work slower, then you will get less resistance. The multifunction monitor enables you to track your speed; calories burned, distance covered and much more.
Stamina ATS is equipped with a durable nylon rowing strap that is designed to match your pace and intensity. The padded upholstered seat with smooth sliding provides the much-needed comfort and stability while performing your full-body workouts. This rowing machine is ideal for people who have less workout space. Stamina ATS features a space-saving design that enables it to consume less space. You can also fold the machine for storage when you are done working out
The large plates with adjustable nylon straps enable you to perform your workout comfortably and efficiently.
- It is ideal for cardiovascular exercises
- Dynamic air resistance for efficient workout stroke
- LCD workout monitor to track your progress
- It is easy to assemble
- Anti-skid end caps for floor protection
- Durable nylon rowing straps
- Consumes less space
- Comes with a three-year frame warranty and 90 days parts warranty
- Large footplates for comfort
- Upholstered padded seat for comfort and safety
- The LCD is not backlit
3. Fitness Reality 1000 Magnetic Rowing Machine
Fitness reality 1000 magnetic rowing machine is equipped with premium-grade features that are mostly found on high-end rowing machines. It is a full-body workout machine that targets your biceps, triceps, legs, thighs and shoulders. The Fitness reality 1000 is currently the only rower on the market that is equipped with Bluetooth smart myclouldfitness App that enables you to track your workout progress. This rowing is also equipped with a large 3.5 inch LCD that displays time, distance, calories burned and much more.
The 14 levels of dual transmission magnetic tension resistance that can be adjusted helps to make your workouts fun and more challenging. The large contoured seat is easily adjustable and can fit nearly any person. The seat is cushioned for added comfort while performing your rowing workouts. The large anti-slip foot pedals with adjustable straps provide stability and a broad range of motion.
- Bluetooth smart myclouldfitness App
- Large 3.5 LCD display
- Large contoured cushioned seat
- Space-saving design
- 14 level magnetic tension for a more challenging workout
- Additional foot pads for performing extra exercises
- No exercise programs
4. Stamina 35-1215 Orbital Rowing Machine
Stamina 35-1215 is a low impact, total body workout machine. It is ideal for cardiovascular endurance in and strengthening of the quads, shoulders, glutes, arms and back. This rowing machine is currently among the bestselling on the market thanks to its amazing features that very few rowing machines within its price range have. The smooth hydraulic cylinder that it is equipped with provides a more challenging workout. The resistance increases based on your intensity. So, if you put more energy, then you will experience more resistance, and if you put less energy, then you will experience less resistance.
The bodyTrac Glider that this machine feature enables it to fit into any living space. It is, therefore, ideal for people who are space conscious. Its frame is made of solid steel that can comfortably hold any weight that you throw at it. The thick padded seat, on the other hand, provides comfort, enabling you to perform your workouts for an extended period of time.
- Amazing space-saving design
- Smooth hydraulic cylinder resistance for challenging workouts
- Five years warranty on frame and 90 days on parts
- LCD display that tracks your progress
- Thick padded seat for comfort and stability
- Solid steel construction
- Easy to assemble
- Some components feel a bit cheap
5. Sunny Health and Fitness Rowing Machine- Obsidian SF-RW5713
The Obsidian SF-RW5713 is a water rowing machine that is equipped with fantastic premium-grade features. The water technique that it uses creates a smooth and steady rowing experience for better workout experience. The 16 hydro blades that it is equipped creates amazing resistance during your workout sessions for a full-body workout.
The large screen display will showcase every detail of your workout, including your distance, calories burnt and much more. The machine is also compatible with an ANT+ heart rate technology that enables you to measure your pulse rate as well as monitor the effectiveness of your workout. The water resistance design that it is equipped with help to strengthen 85% of your muscles, giving you a toned and even body. The faster the blades rotate, the higher the resistance it creates, giving you a fun and challenging experience. The non-slip footpads with nylon straps provide a smooth and stable ride. The foot levers on the bottom help to ensure that the machine is correctly positioned. Obsidian SF-RW5713 is also equipped with transportation wheels that enable smooth movement.
- Seats are padded and contoured
- It is portable
- Easy to assemble
- Easy storage when not in sue
- R2 fitness meter for accurate tracking
- It is durable
- Water design smooth and steady experience
- Water can leak when stored vertically
6. Stamina 35-1405 ATS Airpower Rowing Machine
This rowing machine is not only affordable, but it is one of the best in its league. This rowing machine is perfect for low impact, full-body workout. It is equipped with amazing features that make your rowing workout fun, comfortable and convenient.
The air transfer system (ATS) that this machine is equipped with is simple and easy to operate. All you need to do to get more resistance is pull harder. Pushing less will attract less resistance. The large easy to read LCD monitor helps to track your speed calories and distance covered.
The durable chain and padded handles guarantee smooth and efficient stokes every time you perform your workouts. The form padded, a contoured seat, on the other hand, helps to enhance your comfort. The large footplates with nylon straps help to provide stability, comfort and grip.
- Large LCD monitor that tracks your workout progress
- Padded handles for smooth and efficient strokes
- Large footplate with nylons straps for stability
- Foam padded and contoured seat for extra comfort
- Built-in wheels for smooth movement
- Durable rowing cord
- Dynamic air resistance
- Easy to use
- Information about the warranty is not clear
7. Sunny Health and Fitness SF-RW5623 Air Rowing Machine
If you are looking for power, durability and efficiency, then look no further then SF-RW5623. This air rowing machine will activate 85% of your body muscles and get your heart bouncing fast. The magnetic resistance system that it is equipped with makes the experience feel like a water rower. The belt tension system has eight levels of resistance for fun and more challenging experience. The sizeable anti-slip foot pedals with adjustable foot straps provide stability and comfort when performing your workout
The large LCD digital display will record all your workout progress, including the time, calories burned, and distance covered. Moving this rowing machine from one point to another is easy, thanks to the wheel that it is equipped with. When you are done using the rower machine, all that you need to do to store is roll it out and tilt. The adjustable resistance feature allows you to engage in different unique routines during each workout. The fact that it is air rowing machine means that each time you row, a breeze of fresh air will blow in your direction, thus cooling your body.
- Digital monitor to track your progress
- Portable wheel for easy movement
- Adjustable resistance for different and unique workout routines
- Anti-slip foot pedals with adjustable foot straps
- Fully padded seat for support and comfort
- Does not track the heart rate
8. JOROTO Magnetic Power Rowing Machine
JOROTO magnetic power rowing machine is ideal for workout enthusiasts who are looking for a cheap, space-saving and quiet rowing machine. JOROTO is arguably the most silent rowing machine on the market today. It is made of the aluminium slide rail, quality solid aluminium flywheel and a no-touch magnetic resistance that causes your rowing workouts smooth and super quiet. It remarkable space-saving design makes ideal for people who are space conscious. This rowing machine enables you to perform your rowing workout even when in a standing position. The dual caster wheels that it is equipped with makes it easy to move the machine anywhere you want with ease.
The adjustable magnetic resistance has ten different levels for challenging workouts. The LCD digital monitor will record all your workout progress, including the speed, calories burned and distance covered. The machine is also equipped with a phone holder. This means that you can place your phone on the holder and watch a workout class or listen to your favorite side while performing your workouts. Its soft handlebar and wide seat will give you the comfort you need while performing your exercises.
- Floor protector
- Super quiet
- Equipped with cup and phone holder
- Built-in wheels for easy movement
- Large anti-sleep foot pedals for stability
- Up to 10 levels of resistance for more challenging workouts
- Large contoured cushion seat for more comfort
- 12 month free part replacement
- Easy to assemble
- Space-saving design
- Information about the warranty is not very clear
9. MaxKare Water Rowing Machine
No products found.
This rowing is specially designed to make you perform rowing just like you would when in water. The experience that you will get from this machine is not only challenging but fun. It is equipped with an easy to adjust LCD digital monitor that tracks all your fitness programs include strokes, distance, calories burned and much more.
The adjustable toot plates with foot straps ensure your foot is in place for easy and safe rowing. The large, cushioned seat provides a comfortable rowing experience. The padded foam handles, on the other hand, provide a wide range of motion for better workout experience. The transportation wheel enables you to move the rowing machine anywhere you want with ease. This machine is also equipped with a holder that facilitates proper hydration while performing your rowing workouts.
- A large adjustable LCD monitor
- Adjustable footplates with foot straps
- Large cushioned seat for comfortable rowing experience
- Fully foam padded handles for better range of motion
- Built-in transportation wheels for better mobility
- Equipped with pulley for easy folding and storage
- It is a bit noisy
10. Sunny Health and Fitness SF-RW5508 Pro Rowing Machine
The SF-RW5508 is equipped with an advanced digital monitor that uses the latest technology to display your workout progress, including your strokes, time, calories burned and much more. Additionally, this rowing machine is also compatible with 5.3 kHz heart rate monitors.
This machine also features ten levels of magnetic resistance challenge that will push you to the limit when performing your work out. For instance, if you want more challenge, then all that you need to do is adjust the knob to increase resistance. The magnetic resistance that SF-RW5508 is equipped with is of higher quality and more powerful then tension system.
This machine is made of sturdy steel material that can hold a weight of up to 300lbs. The textured, non-sleep foot pedals will give you the grip you need to ensure that your foot remains in the right position even when performing high-intensity workouts. The built-in transportation wheel allows you to move the machine anywhere you want with ease. The full foam padded seat and non-slip handlebar provide the much-needed comfort when performing your workouts.
- Built-in wireless pulses receiver to monitor your pulse rate
- The large LCD display that tracks your workout progress
- Fully padded seat and non-slip handlebar for comfort
- The machine is strong and durable
- Ten levels of adjustable resistance for challenging performance
- Can only hold up to 300lbs
Buying Guide for The Best Rowing Machine Under 500
Currently, there are many rowing machines under $500. Having such an abundance is excellent because it gives you many options to choose from. However, it can also lead to confusion. In this section, we are going to discuss important things to consider before buying the best rowing machine under 500.
One of the top features to consider before buying a rowing machine is the design. If you are space-conscious, then you need to choose a rower with a folding design to enable you to save space. The design of the machine should match your purpose. For instance, if you are planning to move the rowing machine is different places, then it is recommended that you choose a rowing machine that is equipped with transportation wheel for easy mobility.
Considered comfort level
The worst thing you can do is buying a rowing machine that is uncomfortable. Take your time and check the comfort features that the rowing machine is equipped with. Essential elements to consider include quality of seat and handles. The seat should be wide and fully foam padded for comfort. The handlebar, on the other hand, should be made of non-slip material for better grip.
Consider type and level resistance
Rowing machines are available in three different types. They include air rowing machine, magnetic rowing machine and water rowing machine. Each of the above types has its pros and cos. For instance, water rowing machine gives a real water rowing experience. Rowing machines also have different types of resistance. Some have up to 10 levels of resistance, while others have less. Remember that the more level of resistance that a rower machine has more fun and challenging it is.
Maintenance and service after the sale
How often does the rowing machine need to be maintained and does the manufacturer offer after-sale services? These are essential questions that you need to ask yourself before making the final decision. Choose a rowing machine that is easy to maintain. Its spare parts should be readily available at your local spare shop. The company should also have a good after-sale service.
Brands that sale quality rowing machines have reasonable warranty policies. If you want to be on the safe side, then only buy a rowing machine that has good warranty policy. The warranty should be at least two years cover of all mechanical problems.
Frequently ask questions (FAQs)
Question: How long should you row on a rowing machine to lose weight?
Answer:If you want to lose weight, then you should row for at least 20 minutes each day. However, the more you row, the more calories you will burn.
Question:Is it worth to buy a rowing machine?
Answer:YES, it is worth it. In addition to offering full-body workout, rowing machines are fun.
Question:Is rowing better than running?
Answer: Yes, rowing is a full-body workout and works 85% of your body muscles. Rowing also very effective in burning calories than running.
In conclusion, if you are searching for workout equipment that delivers full-body workout, then a rowing machine it is a great choice. If you are on a tight budget, then new recommend that you buy any of the above-listed the best rowing machine under 500. All of them have been tested and proven to give satisfactory results. They also have excellent customer reviews and ratings.
Best Deals Rowing Machine For This Week
|1||Sunny Health & Fitness Compact Folding Magnetic Rowing Machine with LCD Monitor, Bottle Holder, 43...||2,381 Reviews||$249.98 $205.99||Buy on Amazon|
|2||Sunny Health & Fitness Magnetic Rowing Machine Rower with LCD Monitor||13,894 Reviews||$399.00 $249.00||Buy on Amazon|
|3||Sunny Health & Fitness SF-RW5639 Full Motion Rowing Machine Rower w/ 350 lb Weight Capacity and LCD...||$149.99 $129.00||Buy on Amazon|
Related Review Articles: