- 1 Introduction
- 2 Top 10 handheld back massager review and comparison
- 3 1. PUREWAVE CM-07 Dual Motor Percussion and Vibration Therapy Massager
- 4 2. RENPHO Rechargeable Hand Held Deep Tissue Massager
- 5 3. Wahl Deep Tissue Percussion Massager
- 6 4. Homedics Percussion Action Massager with Heat
- 7 5. VIKTOR JURGEN Handheld Back Massager
- 8 6. MIGHTY BLISS Deep Tissue Electric Handheld Percussion Massager
- 9 7. PADO PUREWAVE CM-05 Percussion Therapy Massager
- 10 8. Handheld Back Massager, 6 Interchangeable Nodes, 6 Speeds & 6 Modes
- 11 9. 6 Interchangeable Nodes Massager, TEC.BEAN Handheld Deep Percussion
- 12 10. Snailax Cordless Handheld Back Massager
- 13 Buying Guide
- 14 FAQ
- 15 Conclusion
Handheld massagers’ popularity is fast rising in the market. Its popularity rises from its affordable and convenient nature, i.e., you can buy a handheld massager for massaging and save on the costs of regularly visiting massage parlors. Second, with your best handheld back massager, you can perform massage at your comfort. What’s more, you can do massages at different parts of your body, depending on your preference.
Top 10 handheld back massager review and comparison
1. PUREWAVE CM-07 Dual Motor Percussion and Vibration Therapy Massager
No products found.
Purewave handheld back massager is an electric massager that features performance and versatility in one pack. It is useful for releasing pain from trigger points in your body. The massager is essential device in improving conditions such as arthritis, sciatica, fasciitis, tennis elbow, and chronic back pain.
Pure-Wave CM-07 is one of the most popular and widely used massagers in the market. It’s also considered the best in the industry, with many buyers touting for it due to its high quality and effectiveness.
It comes in two color varieties: black or white. It is versatile and user-friendly which makes it popular among massage enthusiasts and beginners. One of the significant benefits of CM-07 is its capacity for different attachments. This means you can put different attachments to the massager to reach and serve different parts of your body. It also enables you to switch between the various vibration and percussion modes during the massage. It is also cordless, and you only need to charge it and use anywhere
- Aids with muscle recovery after a workout
- Has several attachments that provide different massage effects
- Has tips and guides for using the device effectively
- The battery loses its charge-holding capacity after some use
- Some accessories fall off the device when working
2. RENPHO Rechargeable Hand Held Deep Tissue Massager
Famous for its body massage, RENPHO deep tissue massager features percussion technology that helps your body to relax. It has a powerful motor that delivers up to 3600 rpm to relieve pain instantly. It is useful in parts such as shoulders, neck, arms, legs, muscles, and calf. The device is helpful for bringing your health back and stops after every 20 minutes to prevent it from overheating.
RENPHO is also cordless and portable, making it easier to carry around your home or to your office. It’s also rechargeable with the in-built battery lasting up to 140 minutes per each charge. This makes it a useful handheld massager that you can carry easily with convenience.
- It is useful in relieving muscle tightens
- It works in relaxing sore muscles
- It holds battery charge well
- Its heavier than most handheld massagers
- Most devices have an issue of the power button not turning the device on when hitting
3. Wahl Deep Tissue Percussion Massager
If you desire a quality budget handheld massager, then it’s time to consider the Wahl Deep Tissue Percussion Massager. The massager comes with a variable intensity that allows you to adjust the speed of your massage. From the gentle massage to intense massage, you’ll enjoy reliving pain and fatigue you experience from sports injuries, muscle knots and more.
What’s more, it features 4 Unique attachment heads that provide varying intensities and coverage of massage areas. Its long and sleek handle ensures comfort on your back, hands, feet while enhancing its therapeutic effects of promoting blood circulation and reducing chronic pain. The higher length of the machine handles gifts you the extra flexibility, and you need when out on a massage. It is useful especially if you had a long stressful day, and you need a device to soothe you up.
- Features excellent massage attachments that offer versatile massage experiences
- It has a great design
- The device is well-balanced; therefore, you won’t have to struggle while moving it
- Can be loud if held in other positions, instead of perpendicularly
4. Homedics Percussion Action Massager with Heat
If you require incredibly light and portable handheld massager, then the HoMedics massager is your perfect match. You can bring it to work, your car, or even airplane as it only weighs less than 2.5 pounds. Its ergonomic rubber handle makes it easier to handle and grip the device not mentioning the light interchangeable massage heads that enhance device portability.
It also features an optional soothing heat feature that is useful for penetrating tired muscles to make the massage more relaxing. Its deep-kneading nodes move in a similar way to a massage therapist, even soothing and relaxing your nerves and muscles better. The dual pivoting massage heads operate at the same time, delivering up to 3100 pulses/ minute. You’ll also enjoy the four-speed settings on the device that makes it haven to massage lovers. You’ll also enjoy using the device as it’s easy to use; you only need to press the upper POWER button. To increase the speed intensity, hold onto the power button till you reach your desired strength.
- The heating feature in the massager is ideal for muscle relaxation
- It is lightweight hence suitable for anyone
- Easy to use
- It can be loud at times when not held in a perpendicular position
- It’s impossible to use the heat without turning on the massage function
5. VIKTOR JURGEN Handheld Back Massager
VIKTOR JURGEN handheld massager comes in a dog head design and features three removable free massage heads. It offers premium and high quality performance in areas such as legs, feet, neck, and back. The device runs up to 3350 pulses/minute in together with variable speed settings for adjusting the intensity and motion of the device.
It’s also easy to use and features rubber that offers a comfortable grip that increases ease of use and comfort while you are massaging. The device is a must-tool and relieves pain, muscle tension as well as improving blood circulation. It’s useful for deep tissue massage and is a perfect gift for your mother, father, friends, and siblings during birthday anniversaries or World Health Day.
- Its double head offers a near-professional massage
- It’s long 71” cord provides more freedom of using the device in your room
- It’s quite heavy than most handheld massagers
- Its plastic node may cause tissue soreness especially after long time use
6. MIGHTY BLISS Deep Tissue Electric Handheld Percussion Massager
The Mighty Bliss device is one of the most versatile and quality handheld massagers. It comes with a maximum of 3700 5pm, not mentioning its lightweight design. It’s also compact which makes it the ideal travel companion. With the six massage heads on the unit, it exceeds most handheld massagers. These multiple heads give you the flexibility to adjust your massage speed, motions, and coverage.
The battery is one huge upside of the device, giving you up to 2 hours’ battery life on a single charge. This makes it one of the top convenient handheld massagers. It also features a lifetime replacement warranty, which proves the confidence the manufacturers have in their product.
- Highly powerful
- Includes six massage heads
- The device consists of a lifetime replacement warranty
- Its battery life is shorter than most handheld massagers
7. PADO PUREWAVE CM-05 Percussion Therapy Massager
Best known for its high performance and versatility, PADO PUREWAVE handheld massager is famous for the treatment of back, neck, foot, leg, and arthritis.it features multiple attachments that make it a versatile massage for different lifestyles. With the device, you can do deep tissue, acupressure and Swedish massages that aids in relieving sore and knotted muscles.
It features an easy to reach design and an in-built rechargeable battery that offers up to 3 hours’ uptime. It also supports fast recharge, while the three included attachments are ideal for the release of trigger points. Overall, it’s the best handheld massager for those who want to improve blood circulation.
- Different range of motions
- Easy to use
- Good battery life
- Quite expensive than most handheld massagers
8. Handheld Back Massager, 6 Interchangeable Nodes, 6 Speeds & 6 Modes
Are you still suffering from muscle tension or aches? Well, you’ll find this simple handheld massager handy. It has six nodes that offer you versatility in switching to your ideal massage experience. The device is useful in relieving stress from different parts of the body, such as arms, feet, neck, shoulder and more.
It’s also cordless, which gives you the freedom to move in the room while using the device. Handheld Back Massager gives you an ultimate Shiatsu Style massage while ensuring you enjoy a deep tissue massage. Switch among the six variable speeds and six massage modes and discover what you love. You’ll also enjoy the ergonomic motor that delivers up to 3200 rpm for maximum pain relief and penetration.
- Easy to connect the attachments
- Comfortable and easy to use
- Cordless and lightweight
- Has lower battery life
9. 6 Interchangeable Nodes Massager, TEC.BEAN Handheld Deep Percussion
The 6 Interchangeable Nodes handheld massager features a soft hammer design for optimum comfort and massage experience during your free time. It comes with variable speed adjustment that allows you to select your desired speed from a vast assortment of motor speeds. Just select your ideal pace and relax as you enjoy a comforting massage time.
It also combines heat feature that aids in blood circulation and muscle relaxation. The novel design makes it easy to grip as it features an anti-slip handle. The device is also portable, and you’ll enjoy faster access to your neck, feet, knees and so on. The massager also comes in a stylish and soft design. It is also portable and lightweight, weighing only 1 kg, which eliminates the need for heavier massage machines.
10. Snailax Cordless Handheld Back Massager
Snailax Cordless Handheld Back Massager is a cordless and rechargeable massager that powers itself with a lithium-ion battery. It is compact and provides convenience allowing you to connect at your home, office or airplane. It comes with a powerful vibration motor that mimics professional deep tissue massage.
It also features heat therapy that soothes away chronic pains while giving your body the warmth It desires. With three interchangeable massage heads, two adjustable speed settings, and three automatic massage modes, you’ll love customizing and modifying each massage session to your suiting. It is best for use in your neck, feet, and shoulders.
- Has a light design that allows you to reach many corners of your back
- Comes with three heat settings that provide versatility
- Comfortable and easy to use
- It is quite heavy unlike many Handheld Massagers
Getting the best handheld massager can be a daunting task for you. By seeing customer reviews, it’s not enough to say you can accurately select the best product. Our guide below details on insight on what you should look for in a handheld massager.
Features to Consider When Purchasing a Handheld Massager
Each type of massage has its benefits. Though handheld massages offer massage options, you can still enjoy popular massages such as kneading, tapping and percussion. But if you want to enjoy advanced massage types, then you must go for large massagers such as massage chairs, chair pads, and massage cushions.
Some handheld massagers come with heat function while some do not. It’s best to go for the massagers with heat therapy as they enhance comfort and relation that is vital after a long day. Heat therapy is also one of the ultimate solutions for stiffness and cramping.
Each handheld massager comes with a distinct number of attachments. More attachments mean you can use different nodes at a time for different massage experiences. It’s best to buy massagers with many attachment heads that will allow you to tailor the device to suit your needs.
High Portability massagers refer to the cordless type that you can easily carry around. Medium portability comes with power cords of up to 14 feet long, and they allow you to use the device near the power source. Low portability massagers have short cords hence allow less movement.
Each massage is unique in its design, with some allowing you to use them in many parts of the body while some act in only a few. Some features influence most handheld massagers’ versatility.
Question: Can you use Oils or Lotions with handheld massagers?
Answer: The answer to the question lies in the user manual of the handheld massager. While some designs deteriorate with the use of oils and lotions, other massagers work well with these lubricants to bring about intense relaxation and pain relief.
Question: How much does a handheld massager cost?
Answer: There are many varieties of handheld massagers on the market, with each having its price. But for quality massagers expect their price to range between $75-$100
Question: Will handheld massagers pinch me?
Answer: Most personal massagers in the market have a design that prevents them from pinching. They should also not stroke you at high rates. But it’s always important to check the user reviews to know what to expect of a device.
Related Article: Best Home Foot Spa
With the number of handheld massagers increasing in the market, they will soon dominate the massage industry. More so, many people are shifting to them due to the convenience and portability they offer. Look for your top product in our review, and if you don’t find it, feel free to share it with us.
Best Deals For This Week