A lower back support brace is an essential part of your therapy if you experience lower back pain, SI joint injury or inflammations, postural aches, post-surgery spinal instability, and other lower back concerns.
Planning to buy lower back support brace but unable to decide which one to buy? We’re here to help.
With so many sizes and types available for spinal braces, it is easy to get overwhelmed while finding the perfect one.
In this article, we’ll explain the types, functions, and usage of the posture back brace and help you choose the suitable one that fulfills your requirement.
Let’s get started!
- 1 What Are The Objectives For Wearing A Lower Back Support Brace?
- 2 How Does A Back Support Brace Work?
- 3 Types Of Lower Back Posture Brace
- 4 Factors Contributing To The Success Of The Lower Back Brace
- 5 Additional Therapies
What Are The Objectives For Wearing A Lower Back Support Brace?
- Relaxes muscle tension and eases lower backaches
- Improves and supports good posture practices to uniformly distribute weight in the spine
- Prove your spinal framework, including the vertebrae, muscles, and ligaments, healthy healing atmosphere.
- Increase mobility and agility while performing daily activities.
How Does A Back Support Brace Work?
Provides Your Spine The Additional Support
Weakened spinal muscles or back injury can impact your lower back’s stability and make your spine unstable.
A lower back support brace can provide additional stability to your spine by maintaining the trunk(the core of your body) in a safe, secured, and supportive posture. The additional support creates a protective healing environment, thus preventing the worsening of the injury.
Minimizes Pressure On Your Spinal Structures
One of the biggest advantages of a back brace supporter is its ability to reduce some weight, generally on the lower back side. Therefore, your spine, joints, and muscles don’t get more pressure and stay relaxed. If you are suffering from lower back pain, wearing such a supporter might give you relief.
Limits Unnecessary Movements During The Healing Period
A back posture brace limits painful and sudden movements, such as twisting the spine or bending backward, forward, or either side with jerky movements.
Limiting abnormal postural stances enhances your awareness of the body’s correct positioning (proprioception), enabling you to consciously maintain the accurate posture for improved back health.
Minimizes Micro-motion Between Vertebral Columns
Our spinal cord is composed of multiple vertebrae and vertebral discs. Sometimes unnatural movements of your vertebral column can result in pain with your discs bulging out.
Posture back brace limits excess micro-movements for your vertebrae, thus preventing muscle tension, irritation in the nerve endings, or excessive pressure on a particular joint.
Types Of Lower Back Posture Brace
Lower back posture braces are available in three different types- flexible, semi-rigid, and rigid posture braces.
Semi-rigid and flexible braces are typically used for treating misaligned stances and postural aches. Rigid braces, on the other hand, are used for spinal fracture healing or post-surgical recovery where complete restriction of movements is required.
So, if you’re looking to buy a back support brace for posture correction and relieving lower back pain, a semi-rigid brace would be perfect for you.
However, it is recommended to talk to your doctor if you’re suffering from any medical disorders such as arthritis, osteoporosis, degenerative bone disease, etc.
Here are a few things that must be noticed while purchasing the lumbar support brace.
- Designed with contour fit construction and a semi-rigid framework that offers maximum support to your spine and lower back.
- Hypoallergenic and breathable fabric providing a fresh and relaxed feel throughout your wearing duration. Additionally, the hypoallergenic lining should have the feature to remove sweat.
- Feature a lightweight yet sturdy design making the beach effective, comfortable and sleek.
- Should be engineered with an easy-to-wear feature with front fastening and simple adjustable components. Many people stop wearing the belt because they need to depend on someone else to wear and adjust the posture brace.
Factors Contributing To The Success Of The Lower Back Brace
Wearing The Lower Back Support Brace As Advised
Wearing the back brace according to your doctor or manufacturer’s instructions is crucial for success. Sometimes consistently wearing the lower back brace can become uncomfortable. This is mainly due to improper wearing or incorrect size.
Therefore while purchasing your lower back support, ensure to buy the correct size and read the instructions carefully before wearing it.
Considering The Lower Back Brace As A Positive Aid
One study concluded that a lower back brace offers more effective results when it is considered as a potentially beneficial therapy, and a positive attitude is maintained throughout the wearing duration.
Additionally, encouraging friends and family can help improve your outlook towards bracing therapy and improve its ultimate outcomes.
Exercises that enhance your mobility, strengthen your back muscles, improve your posture, and increase flexibility should be included in your daily regime.
Exercises and back support braces together can help treat postural aches and give you a strong lower back, resistant to injuries.
It is recommended to talk to your health care professional or physiotherapist before starting any exercise regime. With correct lower back brace use, live a pain-free life. always