Having played sport all your life you are naturally determined to compete as a high a level for as long as possible. OK, you may have dropped down a few grades at the local cricket club, but there’s life in the old dog yet.
You start thinking about the term 1%ers that you occasionally hear on the TV from coaches and players in professional sport when interviewed. In basic terms, it is looking to grab every little advantage you can to enhance performance and get one up on your opponents offering the best chances of success. Well, one such way to achieve this is by visiting someone offering arguably the best sport massage Camberwell has to offer for the following 8 reasons.
1. Your body aches more after playing at the weekend than before. Getting a sport massage from a qualified, expert physiotherapist will alleviate any pain or swelling and soon have you back in your best possible condition ready for midweek training.
2. Heading to someone who understands the anatomy and physiology of the body will find the pains quickly. A far better idea than listening to the self-professed expert in the dressing room who learns from the internet.
3. It is a great investment that need not cost too much as physiotherapy massage comes under your private health insurance. This means that the price is far lower than other remedial massage options. Think about it. A couple of beers and pizza or feeling great once again?
4. A fair percentage of being successful in sport is played out in the head. Sport massage will activate the parasympathetic nervous system, which controls blood pressure and heart rate. This in turn releases stress. Play to your optimum level, stress free. Another form of stress relief might be having a folding exercise bike to work out on when you return home after a hard day at work.
5. You are doing your heart and general health a favour, as sport massage will allow the body to relax which increases your blood supply leading to the release of lactic acids.
6. Expert professional physiotherapists will spot micro tears in muscles that you may not be aware of. Getting timely massages will prevent those small tears from becoming injuries that could keep you away from sport for some time as blood will be flowing normally after treatment.
7. Massage also helps your mood. Coming away from the treatment you will feel positive. Your brain will tell you that you are doing the right thing, which will put a smile on your face, as endorphins, the hormones that release stress or feel pain, are exercised during sports massage. You might even fancy heading out on a city walking tour to continue the good vibes.
8. You can book an appointment of various lengths to fit into your busy schedule.
Get ahead of the game, your teammates, and opponents by going for a sport massage to ensure you perform at your peak stress free with a healthy body.
Leave a Reply