Sleep disorders such as Sleep Apnea and other sleep disorders for a long time have been tested and diagnosed in sleep labs which have forced patients to spend their nights in laboratories. However, with the advance in technology, a gadget called the Home Sleep Study Kit has been developed to enable patients carry out the tests at the convenience their homes. This has caused a major stride in dealing with sleep conditions.
Why You Need a Home Sleep Study Kit?
Envision yourself waking up in the morning feeling fresh and relaxed after an uninterrupted long night sleep. Feeling energetic, you get ready to carry on your days activities stress free. If this kind of experience is not what you enjoy on your daily basis, you might be suffering from a sleep disorder. Sleep Apnea or any other sleep related disorders can be painstaking by causing a lot of inconveniences and uncomfortable moments to one’s life.
Lack of enough sleep can trigger a range of disease that could further complicate your life making it almost miserable. Conditions like weight gain, depression, high cholesterol and inflammation can be caused by lack of sleep. Inflammatory conditions can cause diseases like arthritis, heart diseases, diabetes and stroke. However, there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Using the home sleep study kit, you can have that condition diagnosed and treated.
Benefits of Using a Home Sleep Study Kit
- Your finances are well catered for when you use the home sleep study kit. The cost of using this kit is typically low compared to visiting an in-lab testing facility. The relatively low price of the kit makes it affordable for any person who needs help. Moreover, the results of using the kit are the same as those that you will receive in an in-lab test.
- Convenience is a great desire that will be met when you use this kit. You can use this kit at the comfort of your familiar surroundings. The mobility of the kit enables you to carry it home and sleep test at home where you feel safer and comfortable. The little amount of wiring with this gadget will also be easier to carry and roll around your bed.
- People who cannot easily find a schedule to visit an in-lab laboratory or those who have difficulty going there also benefit from this kit. The elderly and people suffering from chronic illnesses and are home-bound requiring the need specialized treatment can use the kit. This way a lot of finances that could be directed towards making logistical arrangements are saved for other purposes.
How to Select the Best Home Sleep Study Kit
- Should be easy to self administer and easier to understand and interpret. The kit should not be complicated such that you have to keep consulting for directions.
- The kit should be insurance covered in case it of any unforeseeable incidences. The kit should be reimbursement friendly such that it can be compensated in case of breakage.
- It should be small and light for you to carry along. You do not want a gadget that will make you feel like you are carrying a brick while you really want to sleep.
- The home sleep study kit “MUST” clinically approved showing that it is safe and tested to perform the functions it is set to do. A misdiagnosis could be tragic and a big setback to your health.
- It should have good sensors to show that all aspects of the test are working and at the right conditions. Any malfunctions of the sensors could jeopardize the results of the diagnosis.
- A smart kit with scoring and reporting software provides more detailed information which it stores for reference by the doctor on a later date. The information fetched and checked at this point is stored and moved to a portal for analysis.
- The study kit should also have a website portal where the doctor and patient can sign in and study the sleep patterns and have a good interpretation on the condition. This way, the doctor will have enough information to diagnose the condition.
Accessing a good home sleep and study kit is a making a big step towards solving your sleeping troubles and avoiding a lot of trouble that could be associated to lack of sleep. Furthermore, a lot of inconveniences caused by lack of sleep that hinder your personal growth are properly averted. If you have a sleeping problem, it is important that you first consult a doctor before taking any other action that could influence your health.
Also Check Out: Finger Pulse Oximeter Reviews